Marketing Manager UK&I
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE is one of the world's leading cruise ship operators. With over 48 years' experience, one of the most modern fleets in the world and our unique Freestyle Cruising concept, we have established ourselves as the leading innovator in the sector. We offer a diverse, exciting and international working environment and are looking to strengthen our team in the Marketing area in our Southampton office.
Marketing Manager, UK&I
Reporting to the Marketing & PR Director, the post holder will manage the UK marketing team. They will support the initiation and development of marketing strategies, and manage all marketing activities for the regions, also collaborating with marketing departments in Miami.
- Develop and implement the annual marketing plan for UK&I in co-operation with the Marketing & PR Director and VP/Managing Director.
- Manage and co-ordinate all marketing activities, including brochure production, campaigns and promotions, media-planning, digital marketing and e-marketing, direct mail, database management, POS and organisation of events.
- Benchmarking and best practice strategy (regular internal and external comparisons in order to optimize Marketing & PR approach)
- Oversee and manage the annual marketing budget accurately.
- Undertake Return on Marketing Investment Analysis for marketing activities.
- Coordinate all trade and consumer activities, working closely with the UK&I sales team.
- Undertake project work in line with the future organisational development of Norwegian Cruise Line.
- Continuous reporting on all marketing activities to the Marketing & PR Director.
- Ensure procedures and standards are adhered to.
- Optimize existing processes in cooperation with the Marketing team and all other departments in order to facilitate workflow and work more cost-efficient
- Management of external service providers
- Manage and develop the marketing team - 4 direct reports
Candidates must have;
- Education: University degree
- Professional Experience: At least 3-4 years marketing experience, preferably in the travel industry, in a middle management position with responsibility for direct reports.
- Excellent up to date understanding of marketing processes with good commercial awareness.
- Ability to negotiate with external service providers at the most senior level.
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing plan.
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a “can do” and proactive attitude.
- Hard working, driven individual with ability to work on own initiative and to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Good analytical skills and a strong attention to detail is required with regular reviews of performance against plan
- Ability to build strong relationships across the internal and external business.
- Excellent time management, negotiation and presentation skills
- IT literate (MS Word / Excel / PowerPoint)
- Flexible in working hours
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the cruise market and travel industry in general preferred.
- Good Team player and Team leader
- Willingness to travel
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel. We’re creating something new in the hospitality industry by giving each and every guest that cruises with us the most incredible experience, and some fabulous memories to take home with them. We’re an established brand that is growing fast to expand our young fleet of 14 ships based in Europe , North America, South America and now the Far East and Australia .
Excitingly we have a new ship 'The Norwegian Escape’ that launched this year which will give our guests the chance to enjoy a relaxed cruise vacation on one of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. We are also very proud to be named "Europe’s Leading Cruise Line" by the World Travel Awards for the fifth consecutive year.
In return we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. So, If you believe you meet our profile and match what we are looking for, then please apply with your CV, covering letter and salary expectations.