Trade & Industry Executive-Great Britain
Purpose of the role:
To drive holiday visitor numbers to the island of Ireland by developing and delivering partnership programmes with Great Britain (GB) based trade in order to increase the exposure and competitiveness of the island of Ireland product.
Note: This job will involve travel within Great Britain and the island of Ireland and unsocial hours (including weekend work).
The Duties – Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
1. Carry out assessment of relevant industry sectors (tour operators, travel agents, accommodation-focused operators, group organisers, coach operators, on-line operators) to identify key partners and focus resources on priority accounts.
2. Develop and nurture relationships with partners to increase availability of island of Ireland stock.
3. Develop and deliver cooperative marketing activity in line with guidelines to increase promotion of island of Ireland product through key channels and partners. Carry out evaluation of activities to ensure activities deliver a return on investment
4. Develop and send out trade ezines on a regular basis to trade contacts and update the trade website with new product from the island of Ireland as and when required.
5. Collaborate with Fáilte Ireland and Tourism Northern Ireland in the development and delivery of a series of in Ireland events.
6. Plan and organise high profile island of Ireland stands and exhibitions (World Travel Market and Best of Britain and Ireland)
7. Increase integration with other GB teams, to ensure consistency of approach with partners, avoid duplication and share key learnings.
8. Develop, organise and accompany educational programmes (staff training, trade Familiarisation (FAM) trips to the island of Ireland) and carry out evaluation of programmes.
9. Provide market intelligence to inform management team of market conditions, industry feedback, competitive activity, opportunities and threats through GB trade channels. Prepare comprehensive market reports and evaluation on a monthly basis.
10. Develop, maintain and use up-to-date databases of all key regional contacts.
11. Manage allocated budgets to ensure best return on investment is delivered. Ensure effective budget management, control and reporting of allocated resources in line with company policy and procedures.
12. Prepare, compile and oversee the production of relevant brochures and publications.
13. Ensure MARS (in-house Content System) is kept up-to-date with relevant activity plans and evaluations.
14. Be available to work at events, shows, FAM trips etc as required and support the wider GB team.
15. Such other duties as the company may from time to time reasonably require.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, experience and competencies.
▪ Experience and track record of achievement in trade marketing/sales environment.
▪ A strong team player who is highly motivated with a positive attitude.
▪ Possesses excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to forge strong working relationships with colleagues and business partners.
▪ Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
▪ Good project management and organisational skills.
▪ Ability to collate a wide range of information and to extract relevant data with strong reporting skills.
▪ Budget management experience.
▪ Excellent IT skills, including knowledge of database systems, word, excel and PowerPoint.
▪ A third level qualification or equivalent in marketing / communications / business.
▪ Good knowledge of the island of Ireland and its tourism products.
▪ Knowledge and experience of key account management would be a distinct advantage.
▪ Ability to demonstrate fresh-thinking in approach to established working patterns and problem solving.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"