Travel Republic allows customers to tailor make the perfect holiday. Our customers can choose their ideal hotel, flights, transfers, plus any other travel arrangements they may need, and create something truly special. Something just right.
As one of the most well-established online travel agents in Europe, with over two million holidaymakers booking annually with us, we take pride in helping our customers book their holidays. It’s what we’ve been doing for over 13 years.
We are now have an exciting new vacancy for a Commercial Analyst, based in Kingston upon Thames. In this role, you will enable data driven commercial decision making through the provision of daily trading analysis and commercial insight working with the business to deliver to targets. You will also provide relevant business performance, competitor and marketing analysis to support the creation of the pricing policies, marketing strategies and other commercial decision on a day to day basis. To interpret changing trends, determine cause and effect, evaluate opportunities provide daily trading analysis and report against trading KPIs. To assist the Commercial Director in identifying and maximising revenue and margin opportunities
- Monitor daily trading data to identify trends, risks and opportunities for growth.
- Provide analysis of demand trends to all stakeholders and make recommendations for product, price and promotional opportunities.
- Develop elasticity models that improve the robustness of pricing decisions.
- Track the ROI on margin changes and campaign expenditure in conjunction with marketing.
- Constantly review competitor activity both on & off line to schedules as agreed with Commercial Manager.
- Creation of reporting and information as required by the management team.
- Creation of pricing policies for web and marketing activity.
- Conduct analysis of destination opportunities to increase margin or turnover.
- Prepare full trading analysis to be reviewed in the trading meeting.
- Deliver reports to a set schedule to communicate competitor and market activity.
- Identify market trends for products and destinations and communicate them in line with timescales agreed.
- Review pricing against competitors, to ensure our prices are in line with market and identify opportunities.
- Work with key stakeholders across departments (Commercial Product, Marketing, IT Product & finance) to understand insight requirements, provide trading analysis and MI to support commercial decision making.
- To provide information for and attend regular review and planning meetings with the Commercial team to review performance, plan for up & coming challenges and opportunities.
- Provide key statistics to ensure financial objectives are being achieved
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Experience with business intelligence software i.e. Power BI/Sisense
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of numeracy and analytical skills
- Advanced excel skills
- Proficient at SQL and Google Analytics
- Commercial awareness ideally within the travel industry
Our office is based in Kingston-upon-Thames, just 5 minutes’ walk from Norbiton Station or 10-15 minutes from Kingston station offering good transport links from the Greater London area. Travel Republic is owned by dnata Travel, part of the Emirates Group. In the UK, our brands also include Travel Republic, Sunmaster, the Global Travel Group, Netflights, Travel 2 and Gold Medal Travel.
Our employees enjoy many benefits including life assurance, pension scheme, travel discounts, industry/social events, child care voucher scheme and discounted gym membership.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"