Europe Product Development Manager
WHO IS TRAFALGAR?
• Founded in 1946 with a passion to deliver extraordinary holidays at unbeatable value
• Our CORE PURPOSE is to showcase the world and enable travellers to live ‘the good life’
• Our MISSION is to connect travellers with people, places and experiences to reveal the diversity of the places we go and let their best selves shine through
• We create holidays that are EFFORTLESS (giving travellers the freedom ‘to just be’), AUTHENTIC (offering experiences that are ‘the real thing’) and FUN (enabling travellers to find ‘your happy place’)
WHY THIS POSITION IS ESSENTIAL TO WHAT WE DO?
Our guests are the heartbeat of our brand and we take our responsibility of ensuring that they realise their holiday dreams, vigorously. As industry leaders, we need to ensure that we continue to be the forerunner in what we do and where we go. In doing so we connect to our tribes (guests, internally, suppliers and agent partners), and in turn help the tribe connect to itself in the power of travel.
WHAT THE POSITION DOES
Leverages the individual’s knowledge and our brand’s expertise to develop holidays that travellers couldn’t do on their own. This is a vital position for the continuity and relevance of the brand.
The Europe Product Development Manager will oversee the development and production process of Trafalgar’s European product range. They are integral in defining the product, based on trends and knowledge, as well as the coordination to ensure the vision’s success.
The Europe Product Development Manager will work with varied associated teams and stakeholders including brand operations, contracting (TRACOIN), Product Build, Brochure Production Traffic Manager, Quality Control, Sales, Marketing and Accounting (costing/pricing) teams.
The success of an itinerary is not only dependent on internal company processes but external market factors as well. The Europe Product Development Manager will appreciate tourism trends and determine the best methods to make Trafalgar’s itineraries relevant, marketable and profitable to the company.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Foster good communication with the CEO, Marketing, Operations and TRACOIN primarily – plus other stakeholders including Travel Directors, Marketing Teams etc.
- Prepare, review and distribute feedback, analysis and other market data
- Learn about products’ life cycle and understand tourism trends
- Monitor all aspects of the design, development and production of the Trafalgar brochures including proofing all itinerary pages
- Work with the Product Team on developing creative, innovative and exciting Trafalgar itineraries
- Ownership of the product lifecycle from strategic planning, research and delivery of BUILD changes, through to the brochure production phase
- Liaise among different departments e.g. suppliers and work with managers to implement company policies and goals
- Negotiate with suppliers and distributors
- Provide product briefs and communicate strategic product information to Marketing Teams and TRACOIN
- Involvement in overseeing the brochure production process, working alongside the Brochure Production Traffic Manager
- Specifying market requirements for current and future product by conducting market research supported by ongoing communication with TDs and guests
- Reviewing guest feedback – monitoring FEEFO and CTQs
- Representing the company at ETOA Meetings, WTM and other travel events
- Extensive European travel
- Management of long-standing relationships as well as developing and managing new relationship (i.e. with TDs, operations, BS&T, Build etc.)
- Coaching, mentoring and supporting the development of all office staff
- Driving change and innovation Researching and analyzing industry, market and competitors to build an informed strategy
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE DONE BEFORE JOINING OUR TRIBE
- Previous on-road experience in Europe
- Thorough knowledge of the guided holiday and coach touring market
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer applications and software
- Strong negotiating skills
- Detailed and results oriented
- Ability to network and develop key relationships
- Communicate effectively through written or verbal mediums
- Superior managerial and supervisory capabilities
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of European market changes and forces that influence the company
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"