Product Manager - Tour Operator
Product Manager - Specialist Tour Operator - Hampshire - £ 30,000 - £ 32,000
This prestigious specialist Tour Operator, operate a range of specialist group tours from end to end and as Product Manager you will be responsible for the commercial performance of your team's product. You will lead a small team focused on providing exceptional, on budget holidays. You and your team will be responsible for:
Product Manager - Responsibilities
- All existing and new product development
- Research and develop innovative new product, meeting standards and reaching commercial targets
- Contract and negotiate all product content
- Product changes and supplier relation's management
- Negotiating with suppliers including hotels, tour companies, transfer companies etc
- Accountability for the trading performance of designated destinations and product lines
- Competitor analysis and market research
- Co-ordinating activities with other departments to ensure maximum exposure and sales
- Identify areas of development based on competitor research, market analysis and demand.
- Overseas travel to recce trips, meet suppliers, attend trade shows
- Ensure all website images and content for product is displayed accurately
- Support the sales team with product training and information.
- To recruit and train office and specialist on tour staff
- Coach team on best practices for negotiation, daily tasks and potential challenges
Product Manager - Skills
- Previous experience in a product role at team leader level.
- Would suit a process and planning driven individual with strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- An excellent communicator who is able to create a strong focused team ethic
- The ability to take in multiple opinions and make decisions
- Flexible to travel nationally and internationally as part of the role
- Able to work towards tight deadlines
- History of over delivery on targets
- Experience in database systems
- Strong commercial understanding
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk