PR Manager - Luxury Travel Company - 9 month maternity contract
South West London
My client is a leading international travel company.
They are recruiting for a PR Manager responsible for the UK & Europe and to build a PR strategy to manage and promote the client’s brand image in the UK.
The PR Manger will manage the day to day running of the UK press office and quality of work output.
PR Manager Key accountabilities & responsibilities:
- Day to day management of the PR programme through both consumer and trade channels on time and on budget.
- Assist the PR Lead with delivering the annual PR strategy, building and developing brand positioning, delivering innovative PR campaigns to drive awareness across all brands.
- Assist the PR Lead with tracking and monitoring the UK budget.
- With the direction of the PR Lead, oversee strategic media relations campaigns, press trips, promotions, filming projects.
- Monitor the external reputation of the respective brands and adapt style and respond to any issues accordingly, with the direction of the PR Lead.
- Lead the management and motivation of the Senior PR Executive and PR Assistant, ensuring that the team is working efficiently and maximising productivity. Work with the PR Lead on the development of the Senior PR Executive and PR Assistant, including delivering appraisals.
- Produce reports, presentations and proposals where required.
- Act as a credible spokesperson for the brands, ensuring content and tone of voice is adapted to suit the brand and/or media.
- Establish strong one-to-one relationships with journalists to create media ambassadors for our brands, with regular liaison with all travel/ lifestyle contacts across target media.
- Organise and host press trips, ensuring positive media output results from this investment.
PR Manager Key skills and knowledge required:
5-6 years’ experience in a press office environment.
6 months’ experience of people management is desirable.
- Experience of using a wide range of PR tools effectively to develop proactive PR campaigns – including integrating social media for campaigns.
- Proven media contacts – in particular, but not limited to, travel media (consumer and trade press).
- Experience of working in the hotel and/or travel sector would be an advantage.
PR Manager Salary and Benefits
- Base Salary to £36,000
- Travel Concessions
- Monday to Friday
To apply for the PR Manager role, please contact Tony on 0207 812 3820 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the company and role.