Travel Consultant - £22k to £25k plus commission!
This leading destination specialist Tour Operator that has been established for 30 years is looking for a dynamic Travel Consultant to join their team as a Nordic Travel Specialist. On top of a fantastic basic salary you will also have the opportunity to experience their diverse range of destinations for yourself on regular educational trips.
Travel Consultant - Role & Responsibilities:
- Creating bespoke itineraries to Iceland, Norway, Finland, Sweden and Greenland
- Responding to reservations over the phone and via email and live chat.
- Dealing with customer queries
- Providing excellent customer service
- Achieving and exceeding Sales targets.
- Maintaining excellent destination knowledge.
- Build and maintain a loyal customer base
- Cross sell across to other destinations appropriate to the customers needs.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity and products for the destinations you sell,
Travel Consultant - Skills required:
- Excellent sales expertise and proven ability to achieve sales targets.
- Previous experience within the Travel Industry in a sales role.
- Ability to fact find, close, convert, up-sell and cross sell.
- Knowledge of Amadeus GDS is an advantage
- Ability to demonstrate and ability to influence and negotiate.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Results and target driven, and self motivated.
- Knowledge of Nordic regions would be an advantage but not a necessity.
- Previous successful candidates have been from reservations, Travel Consultant, Travel Agent or Reservations consultant, Tailor-made Consultant, Travel Specialist, Travel Advisor.
Travel Consultant - Additional Information:
- Salary of £22k to £25k dependent on experience plus commission
- 20 days holiday, rising to 25 days with length of service.
- Regular educational visits to overseas suppliers and for Product training.
- 35 hours per week Monday to Saturday (on average 1 in 4 Saturdays)
If you wish to apply for the role of Travel Consultant. please apply online.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk