Job Title: Transport Manager
Hours: The role is full time and works a shift pattern across every weekend
This company is a medium sized tour operator specialising in activity holidays. We employ up to 550 overseas seasonal staff, in addition to a permanent head office team, working all year round to deliver the best product for our clients and support for our employees.
As a Transport Manager you will be responsible for managing all transport arrangements for our guests each week to/from French (Grenoble, Geneva) and Austrian airports. You will prepare transport and coach grids using Excel and liaise with our airport representatives to make the guest journey as smooth and efficient as possible. You will be the first point of contact in case of delays, reorganising transport where needed. You will liaise with multiple suppliers and manage a transport budget and will be responsible for producing yield reports. There will be various administration aspects of the role to include issuing airline tickets and producing manifests as part of a semi-automated process and as part of the UK Head Office team, you will also be responsible for organising any car hire as required and all the associated documents, liaising with our dedicated car hire provider.
What we are looking for:
You will need the ability to communicate effectively with a friendly and professional telephone manner, along with an ability to problem solve and work under pressure. Full training on the company processes and systems will be provided but previous experience from within a high volume Tour Operator in any capacity is highly desirable. The ability to use Excel to an advance level is essential in this role, whilst conversational French will certainly help day to day. As is the nature of the business, this role will require weekend work as our guest flights travel during this time so you will need to have a flexible approach to your working days. This role would suit an individual who doesn’t shy away from responsibility and is keen to take ownership and make this role their own.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Book transfers with coach and minibus suppliers
- Communicate all transfer information to resort teams through the use of Excel grids
- Check and distribute flight manifests to airport managers
- Manage the smooth running of the midweek transfers via GVA airport
- Liaise with the overseas resort hosts, resort and airport management on the Sunday transfer day
- Ensure the smooth running of all transfer days dealing with traffic delays, traffic, weather conditions etc.
- Through resort feedback work with suppliers to improve the service provided to guests
- Liaise closely with the UK sales and Admin team to deliver the adhoc and supplement transfers
- Work closely with Austrian resort teams to coordinate transfers for our Guests in Austria
- Coordinate new staff arrival transfers with UK HR team and resort / property managers
- Book End Of Season Travel for all staff back to the UK at the end of season
- Ticketing and Manifests – compiling and distributing to guests/airlines
- Manage start and end of season vehicle drop off and pick up at start of season
- Allocate vehicles to resort teams / individuals
- Facilitate the maintenance, servicing and repair of AE owned vehicles
- Manage all vehicle hire requests from UK and French Office staff
Skills & Ability
- Ability to prioritise
- Advanced IT skills especially in Excel e.g. Pivot Tables, Macros, Embedded Formulas
- Literate and numerate
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Excellent telephone Manner
- Conversational level French