OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR – ESCORTED TOURS
Based in Burton on Trent you will be working for an award-winning tour operator who specialise in European and Worldwide Escorted Tours. This unique opportunity offers comprehensive training, support and development.
As part of the Operations team you will be ensuring the smooth running of our escorted tours programme. Providing support and information to Tour Managers before, during and after the tour. Preparing paperwork and other general office administration duties together with dealing with day-to-day issues that arise whilst the tours are running.
The role includes being part of the On-Call team, on a rota basis acting as ‘seconder’, providing support and decision making when operational issues arise on tours, as well as, on occasion, providing On Call cover from home for periods when the out of hours teams are not available. An additional payment will be made for any periods of seconder or On Call cover.
The hours of work will be 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, on a weekly roistered shift basis rotating with operational hours being between 7 am and 7 pm.
The shift rota will be advised at least 3 months in advance.
- Emailing suppliers to confirm tour information
- Checking printed client itineraries, flight sheets and client lists
- Checking all correct bookings required are in place
- Completing programme sheets for each tour
- Booking any extra rooms/transport for Tour Managers
- Ensuring any payments for suppliers have been processed with Finance Department
- Contacting TMs to ensure all paperwork received and answering queries, advising of cancellations or alterations to tour
- Answering queries arising from tour
- Being pro-active in maintaining the quality of the tours
- Dealing with feedback from TMs, including reading de-briefs, discussing any problems that arose that could be addressed from the office
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good personal organisational skills
- Strong commitment to great customer service, in dealing with clients, Tour Managers and suppliers
- Good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, and administrative systems such as Outlook and Microsoft Word
- Second European language; Italian or Spanish particularly useful
25 days holiday per year in addition to bank holidays
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"