H-C Travel is an independent travel agency and specialist tour operator in North Hampshire, within easy reach of Winchester, Andover, Newbury and Basingstoke. Due to retirement we are looking for a retail manager with extensive longhaul and tailormade experience.
This is a challenging hands-on position requiring quick thinking and a flexible approach, working in a small and friendly team environment. We place customer service before short term profit, and you will use and apply your in-depth knowledge of the travel industry and longhaul market to the full, to provide our customers with the very best holiday experience. You will also be expected to help develop H-C Travel’s retail and tour operating business further.
H-C Travel, including its Orange & Black brand, is not just a travel agency, but also the UK’s premier motorcycle tour operator. An important part of your responsibilities will be to manage some of our country programmes alongside your retail role. No previous knowledge of motorcycling is required, your country knowledge, professionalism and love of travel is all you need!
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Converting walk-in, web-driven, email and phone enquiries into bookings
- Sourcing, creating and booking travel itineraries
- Managing and administering bookings through to holiday completion
- Maintaining customer contact from initial enquiry to holiday completion and beyond
- Working closely with UK tour operators and our overseas partners
- Managing a portfolio of in-house tours to long-haul destinations
- Representing the company at shows and events in the UK
- Developing and implementing retail marketing strategies
- Controlling mountains of paperwork
- In-depth knowledge of the longhaul market
- Extensive travel agency experience
- Direct customer sales and relationship building
- Creating tailormade itineraries
- Organising group travel
BENEFICIAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Extensive travel in Asia, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand
- Other specialist interests (eg skiing, sport) with travel business potential
- Proven record of converting leads into bookings
- Proven travel management experience
- Experience working for a tour operator
- Ability to inspire confidence in customers and suppliers
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated team player
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
H-C Travel was established in 1994 and has a single independent High St travel agency, from where we also operate our specialist motorcycle and snowmobile tours, and a US subsidiary. We are TTA members and ATOL bonded, and are Harley-Davidson’s authorised UK tour operator to North America.
Apply for Retail Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly