Business Development Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our growing team of BDMs, at the world’s leading adventure travel company.
Responsible for growing our industry sales in London and the South East you will build relationships on the ground with our agents, offering training, marketing and commercial support. If you are passionate about our style of travel, can inspire others and are a driven self-starter,
we’d love to hear from you.
- To maximise Intrepid Group sales from the travel industry market in the UK, Ireland & Nordic region through developing and maintaining relationships with industry partners.
- To provide excellent training and service to enhance existing industry relationships
- To conduct regular communication with agency partners both at head office and local level using a variety of communication methods
- To create growth through managing key account partnerships
- Help manage the UK & Ireland industry sales budget in collaboration with Head of Industry Sales
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualifications and/or experience in sales ideally in a travel industry role (2 years minimum experience)
- Knowledge of the UK travel market
- Personal and/or professional travel experience in multiple destinations in which Intrepid operate
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Results orientated
- High standards of customer service and excellent communication skills
- Ability to create and manage sales strategies, promotions etc
- Ability to manage within budget
- Strong organisational skills
- Problem solving and decision making capacities
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks
- Friendly, flexible and a sense of humour!
- An understanding of and belief in Intrepid’s Responsible Travel philosophy and Core Values
- To travel around the UK, Ireland & Scandinavia as required
- Work flexible hours (i.e. out of normal business hours training sessions/travel)
- To attend various travel shows & promotional events when necessary
- Attend office meetings
- Covering for colleagues in their absence
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"