Group Flights Consultant / Travel Consultant
Part of the multi award winning Giles Group, Globe Events is a specialist, independent and expert meetings, incentive, conference and event management company (or MICE for short).
We deliver bespoke and memorable experiences worldwide. With a wealth of experience, we know what works, which venues to consider, and all the elements needed to deliver the perfect event. Our team is able to foresee the usual challenges that arise and tackle them before they become a problem. They’re so good at it, they’ve even been nominated for an award at the 2018 M&IT Industry Awards.
Position: Group Flights Consultant
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the role:
Working with the Event Managers to book flights for a variety of events throughout the world, assisting with all air requirements and providing excellent customer service at all times.
- Dealing with all flight enquiries in a timely fashion
- Booking flights for groups of passengers and groups of individual passengers
- Offering advice regarding destinations, best / most cost-effective carriers etc.
- Processing reservations as required and ensuring the booking process goes smoothly
- Ticketing group and individual flight reservations
- Managing any cancellations, amendments and reissues
- Negotiating with all relevant suppliers including airlines and other transportation companies
- Producing all reports, spread sheets & information required for group and individual flight management
- Ensuring client service level agreements are met and achieved
- Managing and maintaining back office processes e.g. ADMs, BSP etc.
- Assisting with accommodation bookings
- Assisting with Events as and when required
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Working knowledge of Sabre GDS
- Comprehensive understanding of groups and events
- Up to date fares knowledge
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good relationship building skills
- Good negotiating skills
- Excellent supplier knowledge
- Advance computer literacy including Sabre, Excel, Outlook, Word
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
You may have experience of the following: Group Flights Consultant, Flight Consultant, Travel Agent, Travel Consultant, Travel Sales Consultant, Flight Sales Consultant, Sales Executive, Sales Agent, Travel Sales, Flight Sales, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"