Guest Services Host
- Contract Type
My Client is Britain's leading independent cruise line and 2018 heralds their ninth year of operating no fly cruises from a choice of 11 UK ports. They believe their smaller more intimate ships offer a leisurely and traditional home from home country house style of cruising with the emphasis very much on personal service and going that extra mile.
An inspiring, passenger-focussed organiser. Able to organise, arrange and host social events, cocktails parties, bridge tours & ensuring that all passengers have a memorable cruise. Able to immediately resolve minor passenger issues, deal with insurance activations where necessary and actively promote the future cruise operation.
· Must have refined skills in public relations, which demands an excellent command of the English language
· Must have the skills to ensure consistently high levels of passenger satisfaction
· Must have the ability to manage the daytime & evening social events
· At least one year’s experience within the Guest Services Department/Hotel Department on a cruise vessel
· Must possess strong problem solving, public relations and planning skills
· Must have computer keyboard skills: Windows 2000/XP, Word, Excel, MS Outlook and Microsoft Publisher.
· Additional: Fidelio Cruise (or similar Ship Management System), would be beneficial
· Able to communicate passenger announcements over the PA system when required
· Assist the Guest Services Manager, documentation purser with any passenger related issues and supply
· Ideas for promoting on board gift packages & future cruise sales.
· Certification & Documentation Required
· Personal Survival Techniques STCW - Ref. A-VI/1-1
· Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting - STCW Ref. A-VI/1-2
· Elementary First Aid - STCW Ref. A-VI/1-3
· Personal, safety and social responsibilities STCW A-VI/1-4
· Crowd Management Ref. A – V/2 Par 1-3 or A – V/3 Par 1-3
· Security Awareness Ref. A-VI/6 -1
· ENG 1 Medical
· Valid passport
· Seaman’s Book - National or Bahamian Seaman’s Books only.
Apply for Guest Services Host
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly