Shore Excursions Manager
My Client is Britain's leading independent cruise line and 2018 heralds their ninth year of operating no fly cruises from a choice of 11 UK ports. They believe their smaller more intimate ships offer a leisurely and traditional home from home country house style of cruising with the emphasis very much on personal service and going that extra mile.
Responsible for the entire on board Shore Excursion Department operations, sales, financials and reporting. Liaison with Head Office, local agents, and on board Management to ensure efficient shore excursion operations. This is to include, but not limited to, the day to day running of the Shore Excursions Desk, excursion presentations, agent liaison, shoreside operations, escort training, guest welfare, guest correspondence, account reconciliation and guest embarkation/disembarkation on turnaround day.
· Fluency in spoken & written English
· Fluency in spoken & written German
· At least 3 years’ experience on a cruise ship with at least 2 years in a Shore Excursions management position
· Strong presentation preparation and presenting skills for all required Shore Excursion presentations
· Strong computer & typing skills: Word, Excel, MS Outlook, PowerPoint. Additional: Cruise Manager (or similar Ship Management System)
· Customer service background
· Knowledgeable in ISM regulations
· Ability to manage the shore excursion team and rotas, plus crew on appointed escorting duties. Must be comfortable working with crew of different nationalities
· Efficient in formulating and preparing shore excursion reports, including financials, respond and react efficiently to guest related issues, and be fully aware of the internal organisation on board a cruise ship