Shore Excursions Assistant
My Client is Britain's leading independent cruise line and 2018 heralds their ninth year of operating no fly cruises from a choice of 11 UK ports. They believe their smaller more intimate ships offer a leisurely and traditional home from home country house style of cruising with the emphasis very much on personal service and going that extra mile.
Assist the Shore Excursions Manager and team in the efficient running of the Shore Excursion department. This is to include, but not limited to, the day to day running of the Shore Excursions Desk, presentations, agent liaison, shoreside operations, escort training, guest welfare, and complaints relating to excursions and guest embarkation/disembarkation on turnaround day.
· Fluency in spoken & written English
· Fluency in spoken & written German
· Experience working in the shore excursion department on a cruise ship
· Customer service background
· Strong presentation preparation and presenting skills for all required Shore Excursion presentations
· Ability to communicate, negotiate and complaint handle
· Knowledgeable in the ISM regulations
· Efficiency in formulating and preparing shore excursion reports, respond and react efficiently to guest related issues and be fully aware of the internal organisation on board a cruise ship
In accordance with the requirements of the STCW convention and code all appointed crew must have the following STCW certificates. This will be discuss once applied.