Senior Business Travel Executive
An exciting opportunity has arisen which has enabled us to now recruit for a Senior Business Travel Executive to join our Corporate Division at London H/Q.
The core duty is to work on a small sub team, working on our high profile Corporate accounts. The majority of the clients we have on the Corporate team are in the Private Equity and Financial sector. The applicant should be extremely knowledgeable, dedicated and be able to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure. Your role will include booking flights, accommodation, hotels, and any ad-hoc travel on a request basis.
You will be responsible for handling travel reservations over the phone, on-line and in person. You will be responsible for all aspects of the clients travel itineraries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Looking after our accounts, ensuring the highest possible standards are delivered at all times with a personalised and individual approach to each client
- Adhere and enforce client SLA’s and Policies
- Accurately and effectively service all travel requests from enquiry to reconciliation, ensuring all air, hotel, rail and/or other ancillary service reservations fully meet the client’s expectations.
- Deal with any post-booking queries, rectifying any requested changes and efficiently processing reissues where required.
- Ensure attention to detail, keeping errors and mistakes to an absolute minimum so that the Company does not incur financial losses or client complaints due to individual error.
- Complete all PNR’s and files accurately and promptly, ensuring all QC points are met as standard.
- Respond and react to any client queries ensuring complaints are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner in conjunction with your Management Team
- Ticket all bookings as and when necessary
- Manage personal and team Q’s
- Negotiate the best rates from suppliers and actively seek to maximise savings and reduce client expenditure
- Ensure client profiles are kept updated
- Possess excellent customer service to form strong client & supplier relationships
- Mentor and teach other members of the team and lead by example
- Able to step up in the absence of Supervisor / Manager
Knowledge & Skills Required
The successful candidate will have at least 2 years business travel experience including working with Corporate VIP travellers
You must be fully conversant with Galileo & have a good knowledge of Apollo.
Good all-round fares knowledge is a must including negotiated contracted fares and Round the worlds.
Manual fare builds, re-issues and ticketing would be an advantage
Superb attention to detail and ability to think outside the box.
Team player with the confidence to work independently.
Salary is dependent on experience.
About The Appointment Group:
The Appointment Group (TAG) is an award-winning global, independent travel and event management company.
Its specialist business units – TAG Global Corporate Travel, TAG Global Touring, TAG Global Events, TAG Global Private Clients, TAG Global Film & Media and TAG Global Sports – tailor travel and events for high-end corporations, VIP individuals and luxury travellers. Expert travel and events professionals are dedicated to clients around the clock from offices in London, Manchester, New York, Nashville, Los Angeles, Melbourne, Sydney and Singapore.
For more than 25 years the company has been devoted to servicing the corporate travel demands of global organisations and the bespoke luxury travel requirements of exclusive clientele, with a focus on providing an exceptional service central to the business.