Head of Commercial - Insurance
We are Holiday Extras; a Times Top 100 employer that uses innovative technology, a wide choice of products and unbeatable prices to make travel better for our seven million customers. We’re looking for an experienced Head of Commercial to join us on the Holiday Extras campus and lead our expert Insurance team.
The objective of the Holiday Extras Insurance team is to enable our customers to travel better. We do this by providing award winning levels of cover at a great price with varying policies to cater to specific needs - including medical and non-medical insurance, cruise cover, winter sports, and more. As the Head of Commercial you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Insurance business whilst utilising your brilliant coaching and management skills to drive the performance of our incredible team.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Proactively managing and developing the Insurance Business, with full accountability for Partnership development, Product development and the Insurance profit and loss.
- Leading, guiding and developing the Insurance Senior Management Team.
- Managing the overall portfolio of partners and products to drive business agility, profitability and growth.
- Making a key strategic contribution to the business by implementing, developing and delivering a strategy that promotes growth and supports the groups longer term objectives.
- Using your technical expertise to take the lead on commercial projects, assess business opportunities and negotiate strong, profitable and sustainable commercial partnerships.
- Working collaboratively with appropriate cross functional areas to maintain and enhance the customer and partner experience.
- You will lead by example owning the external partnerships with distributors, underwriters and external system providers such as Firemelon and Healix.
What you'll need to show us:
- A track record of Senior Management experience, ideally gained in the Travel Insurance, Insurance or wider travel industry within a fast moving, agile environment.
- Experience in driving your own development whilst sharing your knowledge to help your team be the best version of themselves.
- A strong technical understanding of systems and industry terminology and how this has helped you make sound commercial decisions.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build long term partnerships within the insurance market and with internal stakeholders.
- Gravitas to establish strong partnerships and excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong numerical and verbal communication skills in support of driving enticing and viable commercial proposals to clients.
- You are a passionate about keeping up with ever changing landscape of online travel to stay ahead of the game.
- You are a entrepreneurial self-starter with strong commercial skills, who is excited by innovation is happy to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
We are looking for the best to join our team, in return you’ll play a key strategic role leading a highly passionate and energised Team. We pride ourselves on being able to offer exciting challenges in the world of Insurance, whilst providing a fantastic environment in which to work. Along with pension, medical insurance, enhanced parental leave, cycle-to-work schemes, etc we also have birthday days off, ‘Anytime +’ (our flexible working philosophy that says if you are contactable and connected it doesn’t matter where or when you work)
If that sounds like you, we’d like to see …
- A cover letter
- Your CV
To apply, please submit the above by hitting the ‘Apply Now’ button.