Cruise Consultants – Glasgow
Travel 2 has been in the travel business for more than 30 years. It is now one of the UK’s largest long haul tour operators and is recognised as a market leader for tailor-made holidays to Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific, Asia, Africa, Middle East, North America, Latin America as well as for round the world travel. Specialising in holidays for the independent traveller via travel agency partners, Travel 2 works with some of the world’s top airlines, hotels, car hire and cruise operators.
We are now recruiting experienced Cruise Consultants based at our offices at Skypark, Glasgow. The salary package consists of a basic starting salary at £15,000+ depending on experience + uncapped bonus. You will actively promote and sell the Travel 2 Cruise Plus Product and Brand. You will provide an outstanding level of customer service that goes above and beyond all expectations, and that is fitting for customers who are prepared to pay for the best of everything. To be self sufficient fares experts and to be passionate and knowledgeable about ground product. To see each booking through from start to end, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Working closely with the Team Leader to ensure company sales and productivity targets are achieved
- Answer all incoming telephone calls and enquiries promptly and within the set Company guidelines.
- Work closely with agents to increase and drive revenue
- Sell and promote air and ground products effectively.
- In depth knowledge of Worldwide and European cruise products
- Self validation of Air contracts
- Liaise with Ground Suppliers to obtain rates, availability and for all special requests.
- Ensure all visa/health/special need requirements are addressed.
- Trouble shooting any issues or complaints and resolving in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain good working relationships with all departments and with Ground Product and Key Account Managers.
- Represent the Company at Supplier functions if required.
- Remain flexible to meet the needs of the business.
- Attend training sessions and meetings where applicable.
- Provide feedback to the Team Leader.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Previous proven sales experience within the travel industry selling and dynamically packaging long haul and European cruise products
- Experience of selling low cost, charter airlines and scheduled airlines
- An excellent and rounded knowledge of the long haul and European package market offering
- Proven sales and attachment skills
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Fares & Product Knowledge
- Comprehensive knowledge of in-house systems.
- Outstanding and open communication skills.
- Proven Accuracy in their current role
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Ability to diffuse problem situations.
- Negotiating skills.
- Display strong commercial awareness
- To be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise
- Self motivated.
- Pro Active
Our office is based in Skypark, Glasgow with easy public transport links from the surrounding area. Travel 2 is owned by dnata Travel, part of the Emirates Group. In the UK, our brands also include Travel Republic, Sunmaster, the Global Travel Group, Netflights, Travelbag and Gold Medal Travel.
Our employees enjoy many benefits including life assurance, travel discounts, industry/social events and a child care voucher scheme.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter by clicking "Apply Now"
Closing Date: 16th March 2018