Head of Purchasing
Head of Purchasing
My client is a rapidly growing Travel company based in Wiltshire. They’re renowned for providing fantastic customer service and highly regarded as being one of the market leaders. If you’re an experienced Purchasing or Procurement manager this could be a unique opportunity!
Head of Purchasing Overview of Responsibilities
Head up the Global procurement, focusing on delivering strategy with a sustainable and industry leading product portfolio for the business. Own the strategic relationships with key suppliers to deliver an amazing global proposition.
- Own the strategic partnerships with key suppliers worldwide. Ensuring we have a joint vision supporting the future growth.
- Quarterly Strategic Meetings with all key suppliers (face to face) and ensuring strategic plans are on track and delivered to agreed deadlines.
- Ensuring the Supplier partnerships ensuring both product and market leading rates with the contractual agreements that help minimise competitor comparisons.
- Lead the Contracting teams with strong and dynamic leadership, developing their supplier relationship, market research and negotiating skills.
- Own the contracting of ‘Global’ Customer Events.
- Ensuring strong and robust department processes are in place for contract filing, version controls, liability risk reviews and deadline achievement.
Head of Purchasing Skills:
- A passion for tourism worldwide.
- Experience in Leading Product or Contracting Teams
- Proven experience in Negotiating and creating new Supplier partnerships
- Strong pro-active, dynamic, passionate and a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus excellent numeric ability
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver
- Manage and Prioritise conflicting priorities.
- Microsoft Office (Excel / Word) with intermediate level experience preferred
Apply below or contact Paul at New Frontiers for more information.
PLEASE NOTE! Due to volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Is this not the job for you? If you recommend someone who isn’t known to New Frontiers and we go on to place them in a role, we’ll send you £100 of Amazon vouchers as a massive thank you!