Purchasing Manager (Travel Sector)
Purchasing Manager Job Overview
A key role reporting into the Head of Purchasing, to assist in the worldwide procurement of predominantly hotels and ground services. To create and maintain strong contractual relationships with key suppliers ensuring a good mix of both competitive and exclusive rate agreements.
Purchasing Manager Responsibilities:
- Create and manage the annual briefing and contracting timetable with the Product teams.
- Develop and maintain key supplier relationships with jointly agreed vision and strategy agreements that are regularly reviewed. Nurture agreements to negotiate industry leading rates and unique products.
- Develop a travel timetable to research and negotiate product briefs creating new supplier relationships and strengthening agreements. Travel to global destinations to review and finalise agreements.
- Understand pricing strategy, margins and volumes associated with each contracted product
- Review supplier performance and highlight any contractual risks to the Director team (including and financial risks from committed contracts)
- Negotiate commercial agreements and marketing contributions with ground handlers, hotels, destination management companies and tourist boards.
Purchasing Manager Key Skills:
- To have experience in a Purchasing Manager role
- A strategic approach with commercial awareness
- Able to evidence great contracting and negotiating skills
- Must work well as part of a team
- Is able to communicate in a professional manner at all levels with both external and internal suppliers/customers.
- Must be very organised with the ability to prioritise conflicting requirements.
- Microsoft Office (Excel / Word) to intermediate level.
- A passion for tourism worldwide and the ability and desire to travel.
Apply below or contact Paul at New Frontiers for more information.
PLEASE NOTE! Due to volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted. Is this not the job for you? If you recommend someone who isn’t known to New Frontiers and we go on to place them in a role, we’ll send you £100 of Amazon vouchers as a massive thank you!
Apply for Purchasing Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly