Shore Excursion Product Manager – English/German Fluency
German Speaking / The Shore Excursion Product Manager will be required to work within a team environment and have the ability to work on their own initiative. They will need strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to work under pressure and manage their own priorities; which is a key requirement of the role.
• Ideally 3+ years' experience within the cruise industry with experience in a shore excursion management/contracting role.
• Extensive knowledge of worldwide cruise destinations and places of historical / cultural interest ashore.
• Good research skills with a strong commercial awareness.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Time management skills with the ability to manage a heavy workload to tight deadlines.
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels within the organisation and with local suppliers. • Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programmes.
• German language (written/spoken) is essential.
Line Management The office-based Shore Excursion Product Manager will report directly to the Head of Shore Excursions.
Duties & Responsibilities By Ship Responsibilities & Tasks, but not limited to:
• To be the main point of contact and liaison with the appointed excursion team on each vessel.
• To prepare ship cruise planners by deadlines. • Once ship cruise planners are finalised, to advise Shore Excursion Executive to prepare pre-reg forms and on line cruise planners and to then check and authorise these prior to going live.
• To review shore excursion sales and waitlists regularly and advise the Shore Excursion Executive of action required.
• To check and finalise cruise planners including berths and shuttles prior to pre-cruise documentation dates.
• To maintain frequent communication with the Shorex Manager and Shore Excursion Agents during the course of each cruise and in the event of late minute alterations to the published itinerary or excursion programme, assist and agree shore excursion amendments where necessary, in liaison with HOD.
• To check all End of Cruise documentation received is correct and follows processes in place. To file EOC in line with processes and requirements.
• To update all YTD and budget files where appropriate.
• To liaise and advise Accounts of fully accounted and completed cruises.
• To review and reconcile incoming invoices from Shorex Agents.
• To review and revert on any post-cruise guest complaints or queries for the assigned ships.
• To monitor the working processes of the on board excursion teams and ensure they are followed.
• To keep an inventory check of stationary stocks on board and ensure distribution when required, advising HOD of low stocks in a timely manner in order for these to be replenished.