Head of Marketing
Are you a commercially minded individual with a thorough understanding of online marketing process and strategy?
Are you a diligent, proactive and innovative professional with extensive marketing management experience?
If so, Explore are looking for a new Head of Marketing to join our team in Farnborough. We are looking for experienced candidates with an extensive marketing and management background. You will be a dynamic, self-motivated and innovative leader with a drive for constantly improving and developing the performance of the Marketing team as well as supporting the strategic growth aspirations of the company.
If this sounds like the job for you, then please apply today.
We are one of the world’s most trusted adventure travel companies with over 500 trips to more than 120 countries. We are passionate about travel and have developed a wide range of unique activities and adventures which give our customers an unforgettable experience with a team of award-winning leaders.
As Head of Marketing you will have the overall responsibility for maximising brand awareness, customer engagement and sales by developing and managing marketing campaign initiatives and partner and agency relationships. On a day to day basis you will be building, leading and motivating an enthusiastic, customer-focused and target driven marketing team of 10-12 people, maximising team performance. This will include managing recruitment, training, development and performance within the marketing team ensuring that the marketing team are working as successfully and efficiently as possible. You will also work closely with other team across the business to deliver a marketing plan and strategy including web development and online initiatives to ensure sales grow in line with company targets and objectives.
The overall aim of this role is to ensure we have the very best, commercially driven marketing activity maximising customer retention and new customer acquisition.
As Head of Marketing you will have accountability for the performance across all UK based marketing channels and the global websites. A key focus in the next 6 months is to drive strategic change throughout the business working closely with the Managing Director and the Strategic Marketing Consultant, to enhance all marketing processes and output, to better engage existing and future customers.
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes
- Commercially minded
- Excellent management skills
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the online travel marketplace
- Confident, empowering and positive leader
- Dynamic, innovative and enthusiastic attitude
- Driven and motivated with a clear vision to succeed
- Experience of website management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Budget planning, forecasting and management
- Ability to influence at a senior management level
- Extensive travel experience
- Thorough knowledge of the Adventure Travel market (desirable)
- Educated to degree level (desirable)
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays + One day per year of service up to 25 days
- Ability to Buy and Sell Holiday
- Private healthcare
- Staff discount scheme - Up to 50% off Explore Tours
- Massage therapist
- Free Educational Travel Experiences
- Childcare Vouchers
If you like the look of this Head of Marketing opportunity and have the necessary skills and experience, please apply today by clicking apply and completing our application process through staff-finda. We are looking to interview a suitable candidate over the next few weeks and look forward to receiving your application.