Passenger Services, Supervisor
Job Title: Passenger Services, Supervisor
Location: Heathrow Airport, Terminal 2
Hours of Work Part Time (30.5 hours weekly) 4 on 2 off
Salary: Competitive salary + benefit package
To assist and support the Traffic Manager to plan, implement, and direct, departmental innovation, goals, and objectives. To support and supervise the activities of both direct ANA employees, and contracted suppliers, in the execution of their daily Passenger Services activities, in order to deliver the highest possible service standards. To support, coach, and motivate junior staff so that they may become competent, confident, and committed employees of ANA and in the execution of their duties. To implement and supervise contingency and emergency procedures as required.
The Passenger Services Supervisor reports directly to the LHR Traffic Manager
and is responsible for circa 10 junior staff.
ANA Heathrow has an annual departure throughput of some 62,000 passengers, with gross revenue of c. £44 million. The Passenger Services Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of supervision of ANA Passenger Services and contracted service suppliers within this field. For ANA junior staff, the job holder will continually audit their performance and development, and take action as appropriate to include planning training, coaching, and discipline. The job holder will continually audit the performance of contracted suppliers, provide reports, and recommend appropriate action. The job holder must ensure that ANAs passenger service operational performance and service standards are maintained, and that the daily passenger service operation is compliant with all Government and other authority directions, regulations and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- All aspects of operational and administrative supervision of ANA LHR passenger services including planning recruitment and training, appraisal, and discipline of junior ANA staff.
- Provides developmental support for junior staff including individual coaching and mentoring, in order to maximise their confidence, competence, and commitment to ANA.
- Operational supervision of associated contracted suppliers such as the Star Common Handler, the Baggage Lost and Found contractor; the CIP Lounge supplier, PRM, Passenger Escort and other ad-hoc service suppliers. Auditing the performance of these suppliers, reporting, and recommending any appropriate action to the Traffic Manager.
- Maintenance of ANA passenger service and product standards.
- Liaison with authorities including HAL, Border Force, and Heathrow Police.
- Appropriate liaison with other Heathrow Airlines.
- Ensuring ANA’s operational compliance with all applicable rules, regulations, and laws, as directed by the UK and/or Japanese Governments, HAL, ANA, and other regulatory bodies.
- Providing operational support to junior staff and contracted suppliers, including decision making and dealing with complaints and conflict.
- Monitors all aircraft ‘turnaround’ activity, and takes action as appropriate.
- Other duties as required or as directed by the Traffic Manager.
- A proven record of commitment and flexibility.
- A proven record of good conduct and performance.
- A demonstrable ability to lead, support, coach, and motivate other ANA employees.
- A demonstrable ability to maintain a cordial team-working environment where all employees feel valued and accept that opinions and suggestions may be freely voiced and receive due consideration.
- A good knowledge of Altea ,DCS and World tracer and reservation system
- An in depth knowledge of ANA’s passenger service procedures, practices, systems, and products; including those applicable in contingency and emergency handling situations.
- A broad knowledge and experience of all aspects of general airline passenger services practices and procedures.
- A proven ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining standards.
- A demonstrable professional approach to handling in contingency situations.
- A proven professional approach when dealing with complaints and conflict.
- A demonstrable ability to coach and motivate third party suppliers.
- A demonstrable ability to report situations factually, succinctly, and without bias; both verbally and in writing.
- Holds a current UK Driving licence.
- Holds a UK residency or indefinite leave to remain.
- Knowledge of HAL’s protocols and procedures in force at LHR T2, and the HAL Terminal operational structure.
- Knowledge of Border Force and Police protocols and procedures in force at LHR T2.
- Previous experience at supervisory level.
- Good PC skills including Microsoft Office.
- An ability to innovate, and plan and execute projects.
- Good knowledge of LHR geography, airline locations, etc.
- Good knowledge of LHR Surface Transport facilities.
- Japanese and/or other language skills
Right to work in the UK
Only applicants who can provide evidence of the right to work in the UK will be considered
Terms & conditions
All offers of employment subject to:
1. Satisfactory references for previous 5 years to obtain an airside security pass and also subject to a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
2. Evidence of right to work in the UK
3. 6 month probationary period
Benefits on joining ANA
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays per annum
- Pension scheme
Benefits after successful completion of probationary period (subject to eligibility criteria)
- Travel benefits – ZED global flight tickets, Interline
- Bonus payments (non-guaranteed)
- Private medical insurance
- Meal allowance
- Season ticket loan
To apply please email your CV by clicking "Apply Now"
Please note: Only successful applicants will be contacted
Closing Date: 7 May 2018