Business Travel Consultant
As a Business travel consultant, you will be responsible for ensuring the day to day co-ordination of CEGA and CT Staff Business travel arrangements are fulfilled in the quickest, safest and most cost effective way.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Primarily book travel and accommodation for CEGA and CT staff plus secondary back up for bookings for staff who carry out medical repatriations
- Arrange schedule, low cost and charter flights
- Book Hotel/ Train/ Road/ Ferry/Helicopter transfers - Plus anything else required to transfer the traveller to the required destination and back
- Check security risk for the travel in line with the appropriate risk policy
- Check and assist in the application for any visas required
- Approval protocol, customer Itinerary, customer liaison and support, customer complaints and enquiries
- Support the Travel team with medical repatriation arrangements as and when required
- Handing over to the O.O.H/night team
- On-call duties as required.
- A qualification in Tourism, Travel Management and /or Business Management and/ or travel specific qualification is desirable
- Minimum of 2 years GDS flights and ticketing experience (Amadeus preferred but not essential)
- High levels of empathy and the ability to build immediate rapport with customers on the phones.
- High levels of ability to stay focussed on the telephone or the computer with multiple distractions; must be able to multi-task.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- First class verbal and written communication skills
- Must be comfortable with navigating computer systems (full training will be given)
- High levels of pro-activity; good organisation and planning skills
- Great team player - able to contribute a positive vibe to the team and support others in time of high workload.
We offer a great benefits package that includes:
- Free parking or mini-bus pick up service (to and from Chichester train station)
- Free annual travel insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Salary supplements for using an additional language
- 28 days holiday a year
- Eye care vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Bonus scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fully equipped gym and other social club facilities.