Would you love to work for a company where sailing the seven seas is an essential part of your role? What about working for a company that puts YOU at the heart of the business, listening to your views and ensuring you get the opportunity to develop a lifelong career? How about a finding a job where you literally get to sell dreams and help people plan the most exciting trips of their lives?
If this sounds like the perfect job for you, then read on…
Barrhead Travel is on the hunt for the best cruise knowledge and talent in the industry to join our incredible specialist sales team. We’re rapidly expanding across the UK and are looking for passionate people who love travel, have a passion for cruise and most importantly, love providing exceptional experiences for holidaymakers, delivered with impeccable customer service skills.
The role is fast-paced, rewarding and incredibly diverse and is best suited for those who thrive in a dynamic call centre sales environment.
Here’s some key information about the role:
• Creating and booking unforgettable cruise itineraries, tailored exactly to your customer’s needs
• Confidently communicating with prospect clients, building a rapport and following hot-leads through a wide range of channels including online live chats, social media and telephone enquiries
• Offering out-of-this-world customer service. We’ve won multiple awards for our fantastic customer service and are looking for more great people to join our award-winning teams
• Hitting and exceeding sales targets and working as a team to contribute to your departments overall targets
What we’re looking for:
• People with real passion – you’ve got to love travel (it will help if you specifically love cruising) and love people for this role
• A flair for communicating with a wide variety of clients; you’ll need to be able to adapt and quickly build a rapport
• The confidence, determination and drive to succeed. You should also love learning – the travel industry is always changing and you’ll need to be able to stay on top of trends and emerging destinations
• Tenacious and target-driven – as a key member of the sales team, you’ll have an individual target to work towards as well-being pivotal to the overall department target.
• Experience or knowledge of the travel industry is desirable but not a deal-breaker – full tailored training plans are provided for everyone.
What we offer:
At Barrhead Travel, we don’t simply offer jobs. We offer careers, with real development and growth prospects. We’re rapidly expanding across the UK which means there’s huge opportunity for career progression. You’ll also be joining a family of brilliant colleagues; we love working hard but we play even harder. Take a look at some of the many benefits we offer our people:
• Competitive base salary with uncapped earnings through our commission and bonus schemes
• Incredible incentives; from all-expenses paid bucket-list holidays and free flights, to iPads and Love2Shop Vouchers , there’s the chance to win great prizes every single month
• The opportunity to travel the world, thanks to our incredible worldwide familiarisation trips which are designed to enhance your product knowledge
• A Personal Development Plan and continued training and development. Tell us your career-goals and we’ll work together to help you achieve them
• Generous staff discounts for your own holidays plus discounts available for family and friends
• 20 days of annual leave plus Bank Holidays
• Up to an additional week of annual leave for long service (well, you need time to enjoy those amazing holiday discounts, don’t you?)
• The opportunity to take paid overtime
• A hugely varied company benefits scheme which includes amazing discounts with high street retailers and access to child-care vouchers
• Pension scheme
• The chance to attend some unique industry and teambuilding events throughout the year PLUS each year we host a company awards party to celebrate our fantastic teams and raise a glass (or two) to the coming year
• Charity is a huge part of life at Barrhead Travel and so all of our employees get one paid day per year to dedicate to voluntary work for a charity of their choice
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning company, selling a product you love, whilst reaping the rewards of an extremely generous bonus structure within a fun & exciting industry.
To apply, submit your CV letting us know why you’re the perfect fit and let us know your career goals and ambitions. Don’t forget to tell us about your favourite holiday destinations – you may have guessed already, but we love nothing more than a good chat about holidays!
For more information please call our Talent Acquisition Team on 0141 223 6655.