Group Tour Operations & Reservations
This is an exciting position to join a small team that is fast becoming a leading player in its current markets. We are looking for a proactive self-motivated individual who can provide excellent service to our clients and work closely with the Sales Team to ensure the continued growth of the department.
You must have previous experience in Group Tour Operations and possess a sound knowledge of European destinations. You will be responsible for operating group tours and ensuring that clients’ expectations and service requirements & internal deadlines are met at all times. The successful candidate will need to have a flexible approach to work, be customer orientated and meet tight deadlines. Responsibilities will also include participating in weekend and bank holiday Rota during the peak season. Knowledge and experience of working with the Tourplan system would be a distinct advantage. Due to the changing nature of the business, it is also likely that the successful candidate will need to assist with making hotel reservations therefore experience in that area would also be an advantage.
- Ensuring a smooth operation (Operating group and/or series of groups) from go-ahead stage to the day of the group’s departure ensuring that a high standard of service is provided at all times.
- Handling each group from booking stage to invoicing and payment collection.
- Booking services and hotels within the required budgets.
- Ensuring confirmations of services are received within an acceptable time frame.
- Negotiating with suppliers to maintain profitability levels and increase where possible.
- Ensuring all correspondence is filed electronically
- Check go-aheads and Itinerary at time of handover & raise any unclear points with Sales Team.
- To maintain key client accounts (tour operators) by servicing all their needs.
- Manage and maintain budgets quoted to clients given by sales department.
- Monitor and update service status on Tourplan system.
- Issue Travel Documents using Tourplan system within agreed market deadlines.
- Research & plan for large pieces of business in advance of the Operation
- Liaise with different suppliers (hotels, coaches, restaurants, local guides etc) and develop excellent working relationships with them. Coordinate with contracting & accounting teams (internally). Ensure a positive and professional image of the department and company is portrayed to clients, staff and colleagues at all times.
- Hiring and briefing of Tour Managers will be required for appropriate groups.
- Monitor groups while they are out on the road & handle emergencies.
Key skills & experience required:
- Previous experience within a Group Tour Operations environment is essential, ideally in a B2B environment. Must possess a good knowledge of key European travel destinations.
- Knowledge & previous working experience with the Tourplan system a distinct advantage
- Group Hotel Reservations experience an advantage.
- Previous experience of hiring & liaising with Tour Managers will be of benefit (adhoc groups).
- Excellent organizational & communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with clients and suppliers (both verbal & written.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure and without supervision. Must have an eye for detail to ensure all services are booked correctly and that the financial aspects of the tour are managed efficiently.
- Friendly and professional manner, flexible approach.
- European language skills (Italian, Spanish, French, German) an advantage.
- As a valuable member of the team, candidate should have a genuine desire to work closely with the Sales Team to ensure that business continues to grow rapidly. Proactive manner an advantage.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"