Product Executive - Specialist Tour Operator
Product Executive - Specialist Tour Operator - Hampshire £ 20,000 - £ 22000
This prestigious specialist Tour Operator, operate a range of specialist group tours from end to end and you will be part of a small team who have ownership over the design, development and delivery of the tour programme.
Product Executive - Responsibilities:
- Supporting the product manager in researching new products, compiling competitor and market analysis to better inform the creative process
- Load and update tours onto the company's database Contract and negotiate product content
- Analyse feedback and recommendations from previous tours.
- Co-ordinating activities with other departments to ensure maximum exposure and sales.
- Overseas travel for recce trips, meet suppliers, attend trade shows.
- Ensure all website images and content for product is displayed accurately
- Support the sales team with product training and information.
- Delivery of product on ground - book all services, arrange, manage and review logistics.
- Recruitment and allocation of relevant tour managers.
- Review tour manager performance and discuss relevant amendments. Pre-tour calls and post tour reviews with tour manager.
- Incident management on tour, support and advise tour manager where needed or raise to crisis team.
- Attend and add value to pre tour health checks, post tour surgeries
- Produce appropriate tour schedule documentation needed by ground staff to manage the tour
- Ensure internal system is updated with latest arrangements and amend when needed.
- Liaise with Tour Staff to ensure they are briefed on latest policy and developments.
- Check and organise tour budgets
- Review feedback and ensure consistent improvements on next tours.
- Create tour cost sheets, load into company system.
- Price up bespoke requests and turnaround within 24 hours.
- Ensure margins are correct in the system, obtain rate of sale data from analysts and suggest amendments to TBR, Follow up on these and implement.
Product Executive - skills
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills and be able to effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience working in a previous travel role.
- An interest in cultural and experience rich holidays.
- Must be financial numerate and been have profit and loss account experience.
- Must be collaborative and be able to work in a team based environment as well as on his/her own initiative and willing to be ''hands-on''.
- High ethical standards, analytical ability.
- Decisiveness - ability to resolve conflicts between different parties in a dispute and find suitable solutions to challenges.
- The ability to negotiate, think commercially and influence.
- Understanding of another language preferred but not essential .
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk