Personal Travel Expert
Reports to: Commercial Director
This role operates in a small team that works with our highest value customer segments, with a be-spoke and flexible customer approach that helps create elite golf travel experiences.
Having an extensive golf, travel and destination knowledge base, you will be the principal point of contact for your clients, managing every stage of the sales, after-sales and travel experience covering all products and markets to your defined portfolio of clients. Using your extensive knowledge of constructing personalised itineraries, you will be creating worldwide bespoke travel, fulfilling your travel client’s brief and managing their expectations.
- The ‘Personal Travel Expert’ will be responsible for all Long Haul travel destinations, as well as some other destinations for VIP and sensitive client, selling current and experience/bespoke led products and services.
- Candidates will also proactively manage a portfolio of VIP and sensitive clients by providing elite ‘end to end’ customer sales and service.
- Our team of Personal Travel Experts will also be the main sales function for all US Masters Packages, being supported by the ‘Personal Travel Assistant’.
- You will be empowered to be creative and innovative in how you build your relationships with your customers, include some remote travel and working.
- Creating be-spoke UK, European and Worldwide golf holiday/break itineraries to the discerning clientele.
- You will be an expert in all markets and products as required.
- Offering personal support, advice and recommendations on destinations using your expert knowledge.
- Upselling clients to create personalised, be-spoke experiences.
- Demonstrate effective communication and integration with other teams across the business to help achieve the wider company sales objectives.
- Maintain a high standard of written and oral communication with customer’s so that our standards and values are maintained.
What we are looking for:
- Candidates who are passionate about delivering excellent sales and service levels to your customers.
- Great relationship-building skills, with the ability to quickly build rapport with all clients.
- Extensive destination knowledge and a passion to stay on top of key markets, new products, travel trends and destinations.
- Desire to continually expand on your destination knowledge, going ‘over and above’ as required.
- Flexible to adapt in a changing ‘client centric’ environment.
- ‘Can do’ attitude where nothing is too much trouble.
- Excellent standard of communication and organisational skills throughout the booking, to offer the best customer service before, during and after the trip.
- Ability to position products proactively and in line with bespoke customer expectations and interests.
- Great attention to detail to ensure that all trips sold are executed perfectly on the ground and that all client correspondence is of the highest possible standard.
- Ability to work closely with our marketing and product teams to share ideas that will keep our brand and product range fresh.
- Competitive salary
- 20 days holiday per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension
- Opportunity to make a difference in an ever evolving company
- Regular familiarisation trips both domestically and overseas.
- Company sports activities
- Brand new office based in Royal Windsor
Golfbreaks.com, Europe’s largest and longest established golf travel company, was formed in 1998 by Chief Executive, Andrew Stanley, and now organises golf breaks, holidays and tournament experiences for over 220,000 golfers annually at over 2,500 resorts and golf courses in the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
With 20 years’ experience and an expert team that is passionate about golf and travel, the company is known for delivering outstanding choice, value and service, with the reassurance and security of booking with a fully bonded travel company (both ABTA and ATOL in the UK). In post-trip surveys 99% of customers indicated they would rebook with Golfbreaks.com, as authenticated by Reevoo.
Golfbreaks.com are also the only golf travel company to reward customers for their loyalty with discounts on future bookings through the innovative Breakpoints customer rewards programme.
The 150 staff in the main company headquarters in Windsor, Berkshire, UK also support the local sales offices in Charleston, South Carolina, USA and Copenhagen, Denmark.