Deputy Head of Travel Services
7 days left
- Contract Type
Deputy Head of Travel Services - Tour Operator - Sussex (Up to £45k + bonus)
This is an exciting opportunity to join this well know Touring Tour Operator to deputise for the Group Head of Travel Services, assuming responsibility for the Travel Services business in their absence. You will be working in close collaboration with the Group Head of Travel Services to oversee the development of the Travel Services business - ensuring that it maximizes its potential contribution to the group whilst maintaining the highest possible service levels to members and the wider market.
Deputy Head of Travel Services - Role and Responsibilities
- Constant development of the groups product categories.
- Working closely with many functions internally (i.e. marketing, IT, HR, operations, contact center, finance & accounts). It also requires the development and maintenance of close relationships with a wide network of external suppliers
- Deputise for the Group Head of Travel Services - assuming full responsibility for the development, day to day running and administration of the Travel Services business in their absence.
- Delivery & maximization of the contribution & revenue targets
- Delivery & maximization of the volume targets
- Achievement of the above within agreed marketing and advertising cost budgets
- Maintenance of tight cost control over all elements of the business' commercial expenditure including up to date, accurate records of all income & expenditure
- Provide positive and developmental leadership to the Travel Services teams.
- Develop appropriate performance KPIs, undertake regular performance appraisals and feedback
- Identify, develop, & implement staff and management training amongst all Travel Services team members.
- Manage satisfactory levels of employee welfare and discipline
- Undertake disciplinary hearings and employee grievance procedures as and when required amongst team members
- In conjunction with HR, IS, Finance & the Group Head of Travel Services develop a reporting format for monitoring the performance & growth of the travel business, ensuring informed decision-making and focused efforts of the travel services team.
- In conjunction with each of the category Business Development Managers and the marketing department - coordinate and oversee the development of marketing plans for each of the distinct product categories within the travel services business.
- In collaboration with the product development department develop new products and services, including new IT systems
- Overseeing the contracting of all overseas suppliers - in conjunction with the Contracts Manager.
- Manage the Travel Services representation at events and exhibitions, overseas site conferences, industry conferences and campsite Health and Safety bodies.
Deputy Head of Travel Services - Skills and Experience
- Graduate caliber
- Relevant management experience within a highly competitive online travel sector, ideally in a leading customer focused organization, managing business development and customer services.
- Previous P & L responsibility for a business unit/department
- Strong motivational management skills
- Proven experience of successful team management/leadership qualities and decision making skills, including planning and delegation.
- Creative flair, business acumen and entrepreneurial style towards business development.
- Innovative thinker and creative problem solver
- Drive and motivation to deal with a wide range of tasks and deal with conflicting priorities
- Experience in dealing with customers and suppliers in a variety of situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus excellent numeric ability
- Flexible attitude to working in a dynamic environment
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk
Apply for Deputy Head of Travel Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly