Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager – Online Travel – North London - £35-£40k plus bonus & benefits
A Business Development Manager is required by a global travel wholesaler to play a pivotal role in the business development and sale of our clients online travel booking platforms. As Business Development Manager you will look to grow the business in your market and maximise the revenue for Online API accounts.
The Business Development Manager will:
- Build a database of prospect XML clients
- Liaise and support the sale process from prospect, pitch and close of sale
- Building relationships within key accounts at all levels,
- Ensuring all key clients regularly provide hotel audits (where possible) and monthly static data is taken to ensure maximum product is loaded
- Deliver client specific product promotions and evaluation of their success
- Monitor client booking numbers and margin against set targets and evaluate success
- Attend Trade Shows and overseas travel to visit clients and prospect
- The main focus will be on new business development although flexibility is essential, as subject to business requirements, the management of existing accounts may be required
The successful Business Development Manager will have a proven track record in new business development in both wholesale and retail environments, preferably in the UK&IE territories with an understanding of XML links and websites, and IT platforms. The Business Development Manager will be confident in face to face situations, with excellent negotiation and influencing skills and be able to display a strong work ethic, be target orientated and a highly motivated people person.