Senior Operations Manager – Luxury Travel
Senior Operations Manager. Based in an affluent part of London, this high-profile Senior Operations Manager role is for an Outstanding Luxury Travel Brand. The role is likely to be of interest to an experienced Operations Manager considering the next challenging move in their career. The Senior Operations Manager will manage the workflows of the Operations team and oversee the successful day-to-day running of operations with the focus on client fulfilment. The role will provide hands on leadership, ensure the travel business is maintained to a high standard, develop a winning culture and achieve this luxury brand’s overall goals.
This is fantastic opportunity for a highly experienced Operations Manager to join a luxury travel brand entering an exciting time.
Senior Operations Manager Role and Responsibilities:
- Continuous identification and implementation of operational best practice through interaction with the wider team
- Manage the structure and workflows of the Ops team from initial client contact through to return from a luxury trip
- Ensuring exclusive members and preferred partners have a seamless experience whilst on a luxury trip
- Set KPIs and monitoring systems to ensure sales team are hitting their targets including ensuring all enquiries are logged and actioned correctly through close contact across all teams (product, sales, ops)
- Ensure targeted, quantitative and qualitative objectives for the Ops team are achieved by analysing results, verifying monthly activity and organising quarterly reviews
- Co-chair with MD weekly meetings for progress status
- Quality test all correspondence and phone calls made between Travel Team and clients and to implement training as and when required
- Approve all T&Cs and all legally required literature for proposals and confirmations
- Ensure VAT policy relating to destination and package is correctly implemented in line with guidelines
- Ensure compliancy with IATA/ATOL/ABTA memberships and each is renewed in timely manner
- To work with internal and external legal teams to ensure all legal compliance is adhered to when contracting with all suppliers
- In conjunction with the Product Director, be responsible for the Safety Management System to ensure all health & safety standards are maintained at all times and train new team members to use the self-assessment system
- Maintain the Crisis Management Plan in line with current staff and ensure new team members are trained and responsibilities are shared between the team
- Assist the MD in the development of the business and recruitment of additional staff members for the company
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Track Record & Management experience in an Operations role within luxury travel
- Experience covering the above role and responsibilities is a must
- High level reporting skills across all aspects of Operations
- Strong Commercial understanding and previous accountability for profit targets
- Proven Strategic Planning ability
Attractive basic salary of £52,000 - £57,000 per annum, private healthcare, performance related bonus, company pension and more. Ability to be instrumental in a key person in an innovative company with huge ambitions. Remuneration is limited only by your abilities and vision. If this role excites you, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.