Head of Projects – Ultra Luxury Travel
Head of Projects – Ultra Luxury Travel. Our prestigious ultra-luxury client specialises in crafting the most creative, bespoke adventures and experiences on the planet. They like to consider that they lead the UHNW sector in terms of unrivalled creativity, complexity of logistics and delivering unforgettable experiences for their high value clients. They count amongst their clients some of the world’s most successful individuals, so they aim for exemplary levels of service and professionalism. The Head of Projects role encompasses managing all trip planning and delivery – with values from £75k to £3m to all regions of the world. Importantly, our client is looking for someone who has the ability and desire to grow with this exciting ultra-luxury brand’s success story where opportunities are genuine and significant.
The Head of Projects Role:
The Head of Projects is a crucial leadership hire for the business, and our ultra-luxury client is seeking a truly outstanding individual with skills in 4 key areas.
- Itinerary Planning – Creativity and with a passion for different and innovative
- Logistics and trip organization – Knows how to weave superyachts, submarines and helicopters into a plan. It gets complicated!
- Budgeting – hot on numeracy and all over the fine details. Knows what a gross margin is and what goes into it
- Leadership – great people manager
The role will commence as maternity cover and then will either transition into another mutually agreed senior role in the business or will remain as head of projects after the maternity cover has finished.
The role encompasses managing all trip planning and delivery – with values from £75k to £3m to all regions of the world. It may be a polar expedition seeking to break a record, or a luxurious super yacht exploration of an undiscovered country coastline.
The opportunity is particularly exciting for the right candidate as they are joining the business at exactly the right time to make a mark and be the voice of experience their well-established growing company with an extremely clear proposition and brand.
Day to day, the role will require:
Strategy & Planning
- Planning and managing all ultra-luxury trips
- Responsible for all budgeting and delivering gross margin targets
- Responsible for team management
- Leading and managing projects team; e.g. Setting deadlines, objectives, providing support
- Mentoring and challenging the team to help them grow with the company, expanding their creative skillsets and broadening their industry knowledge
- Manage freelance designers and external suppliers
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- 8-10+ years of experience in a travel planning role – experience in the ultra-luxury sector essential
- 2 years of experience managing a team
- Experience designing digital presentations
- Articulate in written communications
- Familiar with standards expected by UHNW clients
- A natural Organiser and logical thinker with attention to detail
- Effortlessly numerate – budgets are important
- Be entrepreneurial, a ‘doer’, and enjoy the variety of working in a small team environment – has a natural bias for action
- A creative thinker with a genuine passion for travel, adventure and luxury
Salary & Benefits:
- Opportunity to be granted options (shares) in a fast-growing established ultra-luxury business
- Basic salary is £60,000 - £90,000 BOE per annum pro rata, plus bonus and excellent benefits
- Opportunity to work with a best of breed company, in a team passionate about organising the most creative holidays and experiences on the planet
- Opportunities to travel to client destinations as a host; access to ‘operator discounts’ on travel booking
- Annual bonus scheme
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.