Passenger Service Agents – Part-time
Passenger Service Agent – Part-time
London - Heathrow
Right to work in the UK
Only applicants who can provide evidence of the right to work in the UK will be considered.
To provide the highest possible standards of customer service to ANA passengers travelling through London Heathrow airport.
- Customer Service
- Check-in Services via DCS, or by assisting at self-service facilities
- Passenger escort duties, including VIPs, unaccompanied minors, and passengers with reduced mobility, including baggage support.
- CIP Lounge duties
- Gate Boarding services via DCS, or by assisting at self-service facilities.
- Flight preparation and editing procedure
- Ticket desk and reservation duty.
- Baggage Service duties including ‘Lost & Found’.
- Document and Security checks at Check-in and Boarding.
Skills, knowledge & qualifications
- A clear commitment to high standards of customer care
- Effective communication skills both orally and written
- A good manner and interpersonal skills
- Ability to be flexible and work as part of a team
- A positive, proactive approach
- Ability to achieve consistently high levels of accuracy and attention to detail with outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Experience in an airline passenger services environment, or customer services.
- Japanese language skills desirable.
- Knowledge of reservation & ticketing ( Altea system experience desirable)
Key performance indicators
A proven track record of consistently achieving high levels of customer satisfaction
Key relationships & decision making
Reports to: Supervisor, Passenger Services
Direct Reports: None
- Internally, the jobholder will have daily contact with the colleagues at LHR and occasionally with colleagues in other offices.
- Externally, the job holder will have daily contact with Japanese and non-Japanese passengers as well as corporate and personal travellers.
Terms & conditions
All offers of employment subject to:
- Satisfactory references for previous 5 yrs to obtain an airside security pass and also subject to a satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Evidence of right to work in the UK
- 6 month probationary period
Hours of work
23.50 hours per week, shift basis, 4 on 2 days off, or according to schedule
Benefits on joining ANA
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays per annum
- Pension Scheme
Benefits after successful completion of probationary period (subject to eligibility criteria)
- Travel benefits – ZED global flight tickets, Interline
- Bonus payments (non-guaranteed)
- Meal Allowance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Season Ticket Loan
Closing date: 03 June 2018
Please note: Only successful applicants will be contacted
To apply, please click on "Apply Now"