Travel Sales Consultant
Travel Sales Consultant
Our exciting journey began in 1948 and we’ve come a long way since then. We are now established as an award-winning independent travel company, with a team of more than 250 people across three locations in the UK, Luton, Frimley and Newcastle, and an overseas office in Hyderabad, India.
Being independent gives our team the opportunity to book the perfect holiday for our growing customers base at the best price. Our excellent technology, selling system and product range which includes beach holidays, city breaks, cruises, long haul and inspired luxury escapes demonstrates our commitment and enthusiasm at becoming a customer-centric business, placing our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are proud to have been accredited with a Gold Trusted Service Certificate by Feefo (positive feedback from customers) and were named as Call Centre Agency of the Year in the 2017 Travel Weekly Agent Achievement Awards. We have also recently been named in Europe’s 1,000 Fastest Growing Companies by the Financial Times and the London Stock Exchange Group’s 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain.
Our employees have a voice and the opportunity to shape the future of the business. We have carefully chosen teams to ensure our values are live but fundamentally we are a relaxed, light hearted and fun place to work. We are proud of the commitment and care displayed by our employees towards their customers, community and the environment.
Location: Newcastle and Frimley.
Employment Type: Permanent - Full time
Hours: Monday to Sunday; Rota basis – Full time hours with 1 hour paid lunch.
Salary: Competitive salary
Holiday: 20 days per year, plus statutory holidays rising to 25 days per year, plus statutory holidays after 5 full years of employment.
The role will focus on selling a range of products to all holiday destinations, over the telephone, providing expert advice, offering exceptional service to all customers and achieving targets and KPI’s
- To sell and book holidays from telephone and email enquiries and establishing the customers travel needs to provide the right product and destination
- Deliver exceptional customer service through genuine relationship management and a desire to exceed customer needs
- Maximise all sales opportunities through, switch selling, up-selling and offering holiday extras
- Provide expert travel advice on all product and destinations
- Follow up all sales opportunities by call backs to customers
- Capture and record required client information
- Achieve all monthly key KPI's and targets, including conversion, volume and margins
- Support all promotional & marketing activities
- Extend product and destination knowledge through supplier training and own research
You will have proven experience working in a fast paced environment in a role that requires excellent customer service skills and strong attention to detail. You must have experience of selling holidays.
- Outstanding product and supplier knowledge, with at least 1 year’s recent experience of selling holidays to all destinations
- Demonstrable record of achieving KPI’s and targets, with the ability to sell confidently and turn enquiries into sales
- Exceptional customer services skills with experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Ability to switch sell and promote and sell holiday extras
- Excellent telephone manner and the ability to sell over the telephone
- Excellent communication and listening skills with the ability to anticipate customers’ needs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to use Microsoft packages – e.g. Word and Outlook
- A genuine desire to achieve results, both personally and as part of a successful team
To apply for this role, please attach a CV and covering letter along with your salary expectations.
Broadway Travel reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date should either a high volume of applicants be received or a suitable candidate found.
Apply for Travel Sales Consultant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly