Travel Sales Consultant – Luxury
This is a fantastic job opportunity to join an exciting, young and innovative travel company in the centre of Bristol. By joining us early you'll have a chance to grow with the company and learn as the business develops.
This role is also available for remote workers, with regular visits to our Bristol office scheduled throughout the year.
As a Luxury Travel Specialist you will have an unrivalled passion and knowledge for your chosen countries and be eager to learn more.
Whilst some prior experience of travel sales / customer service is advantageous it is essential you already have the basic product knowledge or have travelled your chosen region extensively.
Currently recruiting for consultants specialising in either;
- East Africa
- Southern Africa
Depending on your experience, Luxury Travel Sales Specialists can start on a basic salary of £28,000. Along with that you'll have an uncapped commission structure, which applies on every sale you make.
We are a small team with a work culture for others to envy! Flexible working hours, music during the day, team drinks on a Friday and free gym membership for you to take advantage of whenever suits you best. And we are all in this industry because we love travel, so there will be plenty of opportunities to get to know more about the destinations you are passionate in. We all aim to travel to new or existing destinations roughly every 6 months.
We want to be a company you love coming to work for every day.
Growth and Development:
We have created a clear salary structure and development path that will see you progress through your career into a leading Travel Sales Manager, or further. Within the first few weeks of your role you will be given sales and systems training to enable you to get off to a flying start. Plus, within the first 6 months of your position you can expect to depart overseas for your first familiarisation trip, to see exactly how we operate.
As you continue your role with Wayfairer, we will be here to assist you into working your way up a career path which will give you extra responsibilities and salary increases with each promotion along the way.
Day to Day:
As a Luxury Travel Specialist you will spend most of your time dealing with customers and developing the best travel experience. You must not be shy to pick up the phone and you'll certainly need to have a friendly and polite telephone manner along with first class listening skills!
You will need to understand fully the customers requirements, helping them to create truly tailor-made itineraries and personalising them to fit within each individual client’s needs. You will book and liaise with hotels, tour operators and airlines being the client’s point of contact for each and every requirement.
You will need to manage your time effectively to ensure that your sales targets are being met without any loss of service to clients who have already booked. Although you will have a support team to help you, this is a 360 degree role where you will be responsible for all aspects of a clients booking from initial enquiry to the clients arriving home.
- The creation and conversion to sale of high quality tailor-made itineraries for current and future Wayfairer clients to your region. You are ultimately responsible for planning, selling and delivery of your itineraries.
- To make the most of every single genuine 'sales enquiry' received, balancing your time appropriately to maximise revenue and profit.
- To ensure the product sold to our clients and the supporting information is to the highest standard.
- To achieve levels of client service at all stages of the process to encourage repeat bookings.
- Keeping in touch with product developments in your region, ensuring that you remain a true travel specialist with up to date commercial knowledge and understanding of hotels/flights/infrastructure.
- Demonstrating a total commitment to customer service. It's your goal to ensure all clients return home having had a trip which exceeds their expectations.
What you must have:
- Knowledge/experience of countries or region of specialty.
- At least 1 year working in a similar role.
- Strong communication skills and excellent telephone manor.
- Customer service & selling skills.
- Results orientated.
- Strong organisation & time management skills.