Key Account Manager - North/North East
dnata Travel, part of the Emirates Group includes the B2B brands of Gold Medal Travel & Travel 2.
Gold Medal Travel is an award winning tour-operator with over 40 years’ experience in tailor-making holidays to worldwide destinations. We offer scheduled flights with the world’s leading airlines, thousands of worldwide hotels, car hire, campervans and many other exciting products around the world.
Travel has been in the travel business for more than 30 years. It is now one of the UK’s largest long haul tour operators and is recognised as a market leader for tailor-made holidays to Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific, Asia, Africa, Middle East, North America, Latin America as well as for round the world travel. Specialising in holidays for the independent traveller via travel agency partners, Travel 2 works with some of the world’s top airlines, hotels, car hire and cruise operators.
We are now recruiting for a Key Account Manager to work closely with the Head of Sales to drive Gold Medal & Travel 2 Sales and to ensure dnata B2B brands are the agents/customers’ first choice for scheduled & specialist travel. The primary aim of this role is to manage and develop the business within the retail network. This position plays a key role in delivering the performance of the dnata B2B brands and developing the future size and shape of sales within B2B.
- Responsible for achieving key performance metrics against agreed business targets in agreed areas of responsibility
- Produce and manage clear action plans to develop business and improve performance where required
- Visit and work proactively with the agents to raise the profile and improve the performance of the independent brands e.g. training sessions, sales calls, presentations at Managers meetings
- A primary point of contact for the key retailers within a given territory to drive performance and obtain feedback on the B2B businesses product to enable improvement.
- Review daily, weekly and monthly performance in line with targets and budgets and take action accordingly and give direction to agents to deliver results.
- Drive two-way communication to improve performance e.g. conference calls, forums, sales meetings, etc.
- Work proactively with other departments to regularly review and maximise all opportunities for the brands e.g. Learning and development, Sales and Marketing, etc.
- Acts as an ambassador for the brands, escorting agents on fam trips and other events, maintaining a professional, prompt and welcoming focus at all times.
- Monitor the competitor propositions on the high street, respective promotional activity & customer service, to ensure the brand proposition maintains a competitive edge
- Through experience, feedback and research drive operational change and development initiatives to benefit the business though improved efficiency or increased sales.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Well educated to A level standard or equivalent business management experience
- Full driving licence
- Previous experience in writing and delivering training/presentations
- Previous experience in a sales role and an understanding of retail sales
- Sound knowledge of the travel industry and travel retailing, with a particular emphasis on the “independent retail environment”.
- Understanding of the scheduled flights market and competitors
- Be able to use GDS and other retail systems
- Understanding of the retail network system, processes and procedures
- Ability to build rapport and clearly communicate, both written and verbal at all levels including senior management
- Results and target orientated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-confident and able to translate a “can do” mentality to others
- Brand focused
- Good time management skills
- Knowledge power point, excel & word skills
- Decision making skills while understanding any impact on other areas of the business
- Understanding of the scheduled business & tour operating
- Ability to work under own initiative in a challenging and changing environment
- Able to make decisions and be accountable
- Good presentation skills
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to interpret management information into business intelligence
Our employees enjoy many benefits including life assurance, company pension scheme, travel discounts and industry/social events.