Business Support Development Manager - Global Travel Group
The Global Travel Group has been inspiring people to run their own travel businesses since 1992 and now has over 350 members. As a member travel agency businesses benefit from Global Travel Group’s licences and buying power as well as on-going support from the support teams based at our Head Office in Sandycroft, just outside Chester.
We are now recruiting for a Business Support Development Manager based at our head office just outside Chester to provide business & commercial Support to the Director of Commercial and Managing Director. In this role, you will ensure that revenue and profit targets are achieved for The Global Travel Group through effective negotiation with partners including commercial agreements, marketing and sponsorship opportunities and new business Initiatives. You will work with and liaise with members, supplier partners and internal departments to ensure the support our business provides and its business proposition is best in class.
- Research, identify and recommend new business opportunities, services and products
- Prepare and evaluate feasibility studies and make recommendations to Senior Management
- Work alongside the Business Support Commercial Manager to negotiate commercial terms with supplier partners, ensuring excellent relationships are maintained, maximising all revenue opportunities; attend commercial meetings and build commercial relations with operators
- Drive and support the overall efficiency of the business as well as challenging new relationships and partnerships.
- Assume accountability for the P&L managing all revenue and cost streams.
- Act as a Key Account Manager for our agent members, ensuring excellent relationships are maintained.
- Retain member numbers at an agreed level by using flexibility if required to negotiate tactical arrangements.
- Support the coordination the events by achieving sponsorship budgets and agent attendance
- Represent the company at meetings, conferences and events, increasing the profile of the company.
- Identify and develop new revenue channels and profit streams ensuring partnerships are maintained
- Ensure The Global Travel Group's proposition is attractive and viable ensuring we have the best offering in terms of commissions, systems, communication tools, marketing etc
- Monitor and feedback on competitor activity
- Provide regular constructive feedback on member and partner perceptions of the service they are delivering to continually improve the service we provide, and problem solve where required.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director and Managing Director to deliver new government legislation and regulations to the business to ensure the business is compliant
- Deliver imaginative, engaging and creative award submissions
- Provide administrative support to the Managing Director and Commercial Director
- Liaise with product managers regards to special offers and communicate to members
- Liaise with the financial team to ensure accurate sales forecasting for the group is conducted on a monthly basis.
- Ensure important notifications are communicated via the Intranet and internally where necessary
- Oversee the planning, development and rollout of new technology
- Work closely with the Membership Admin Team to ensure CAA reports are updated monthly, member renewal status reports are completed and PI PL Insurance information are kept up to date.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Strong commercial/sales background with a proven track record in maximising profit for a business
- Clear demonstrable negotiation skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to interpret and analyse data and draw conclusions from the results
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- An able problem solver who is solutions focused
- Commercially focused with an ability to assess the impact of decisions on the business and keep up to date with market trends
- High level of numeracy
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Knowledge of Excel, word and powerpoint
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to inspire others
- To be able to work under pressure and strict timelines
- Travel industry experience
Our employees enjoy many benefits including life assurance, company pension scheme, travel discounts and industry/social events.