The main aim of the Reservations Executive is to secure space and to negotiate the best possible hotel rates and conditions; ensure that the product offered is within the quality and standards required and rates offered are highly competitive within the Eastern Market.
This is a very challenging role, so the ability to work under pressure, working to a tight schedule and handling multiple tasks is a must. The candidate must be able to build and maintain strong relationships with clients, suppliers and colleagues. You will ideally have experience of finding quick and accurate solutions to multiple issues; have excellent attention to detail and possess a “can do” attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Negotiate group rates and conditions and confirm group space at hotels requested in your area of responsibility.
- Ensure that hotels offered are of the standard and quality required and rates are highly competitive
- Build, develop, strengthen and maintain strong business relationship with suppliers in order to achieve optimum results
- Source alternative solutions to difficult situations when the requested locations/hotels are unavailable.
- Negotiate and when necessary waive cancellation charges
- Liaise with Sales offices, Supplier Relationship Managers, Operations, Accounts and Product-build department
- Communicate clearly and precisely at all levels of responsibility to make sure that information is received and properly understood
- Take initiative and action without being directed and to overcome obstacles by proactively providing appropriate solutions
- Search for new suppliers
- Manage and resolve possible complaints by liaising with suppliers and Operations/Sales
- Negotiate availability for Familiarization trips, possibly free of charge
- Maintain an environment which supports the spirit of teamwork and where team members are committed , loyal and take pride in working for the company
- Ensure all amendments are promptly communicated internally to Operations/Sales Offices and externally to suppliers.
- Establish a calendar of events for your area of responsibility
Experience and Skills
- Fluency in English, spoken and written; excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, planning and good time management
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work individually and quick decision maker
- Proactive thinker capable to cope well with stressful situations
- Approachable manner with both colleagues, clients and suppliers
- Word, Outlook, Excel
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Applicant must be self-motivated, positive, confident and results driven
- Ability to prioritise and function well under heavy workload with multiple priorities
- Willingness to go the extra mile and ability to learn quickly
- Any additional European language is an advantage
- Good knowledge of the hotel product, market, locations, group business and competitors
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"
Apply for Reservations Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly