Data Finance Analyst
The Data Finance Analyst will be required to work within a team environment, but also have the ability to work on their own initiative. They will need strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to present information in different formats. They will also need to have the ability to work under pressure and manage their own priorities; which is a key requirement of the role.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Assistant Group Accountant will manage, supervise and allocate the following duties and responsibilities to the Data Finance Analyst: -
• To make all necessary calculations, checks and reports and correctly and accurately prepare the reconciliation for each Cruise departure within a short time frame. This will also involve investigating and reporting any discrepancies and preparing a final summary in a format that can easily be reviewed and processed onto the system. To eventually become very proficient in the process and a recognised expert.
• Train other accounts department members to process cruise reconciliation documentation.
• Train and review the work and direct all tasks in relation to cruise reconciliation.
• Reporting to help reduce time taken to process and streamline the whole cruise reconciliation process as automation is essential for the growth of the business. The candidate will be expected to utilise their IT experience and knowledge of the Management Information systems.
• The candidate will conduct any adhoc duties or prepare reports requested by her
supervisors within the dept.
• The candidate will also be expected to help and support staff in other areas of the
department especially in incidences of staff shortages or high workloads.
• The candidate will be expected to be a responsible member of the team and will help and
guide their colleagues.
• Knowledge of Sage 200 and experience working with accountancy software will be an
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook Email.
• To have a full UK driving licence and own transport.
• Ability to do overtime as and when required – standard office hours are 0900 to 1730.
• To be a team player and also be able to work on your own initiative.
• To have a happy, enthusiastic and organised approach to your work, which can be demanding,
but rewarding, during peak periods of the season.