Evan Evans Position: Operations Supervisor
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Start Date: As soon as possible - Permanent
Evan Evans Tours is the UK’s longest established and best reviewed day tour operator in London and has been accompanying visitors on city tours and out of town excursions since 1930. Our mission is to provide high quality sightseeing experiences that showcase the beauty, heritage and excitement of England with tours of London, Windsor, Stonehenge, Bath, Edinburgh and Paris plus Hop-on-Hop off tours, River Cruises and Top attraction tickets.
Key Responsibilities and Objectives:
• Working alongside two other supervisors to manage the operations team and tour guides.
• Managing the team at the Victoria Coach Station to ensure fast and efficient boarding process with focus on customer service.
• Making decisions on which tours we should be running and maximising the profitability of tours by increasing the load factor.
• Liaising with partners, suppliers and tour guides to make sure that every aspect of the tour is booked and confirmed.
• Managing emergency situations and making decisions independently.
• Training new tour guides and operations staff.
• Great attention to detail and ensuring that the operations team have submitted all paperwork correctly.
• Ensuring smooth communication between yourself and the office and coming up with innovative ideas to improve the tours and efficiency of the boarding process of operational procedures.
• Operations background preferred
• Attention to detail & efficiency
• Ability to think calmly whilst under pressure and have a problem solving approach to situations
• Commercially minded with strong communication skills
• A love for dealing with people and giving superior customer service
• The ability to work on your own initiative but also be a team player
Currently our shift pattern is as follows (subject to change):
- Five days out of Seven on a shift pattern (work will also fall on the weekend)
- Hours: 6.30/7am - 2.30/3pm (this may vary in our peak season)