Operations Co-Ordinator - Specialist Tour Operator
Operations Co-ordinator - Tour Operator (Brighton) £20-25K
This prestigious Tour Operator are looking for someone to support the operations for their expedition ship and exclusive charters to the Polar regions and Americas, as well as helping to coordinate their small group trips across Africa and Asia. The ideal candidate will be highly organised and efficient with excellent attention to detail, and be a motivated self-starter, who is capable of assisting the product team in coordinating complex projects and managing budgets and logistics. They are looking for someone with a background in the travel industry and good geographical knowledge, ideally with experience in operations for the travel industry, or with large projects. This is an exciting and varied position which will evolve as this part of the business grows, so a flexible working attitude and willingness to pitch in and help with different projects as they arise is key.
Operations Co-ordinator - Core duties:
- Coordinating shipping, storage and logistics for their exclusive ship charters in the Arctic and Antarctic
- Organising merchandise and branding to include all client touch points for worldwide trips
- Booking flights and hotels and organising all travel arrangements for their expedition teams and specialist leaders
- Issuing and finalising contracts with guides and specialist leaders, and assisting with vessel contracting
- Assisting with applications for specialised permits and visitor applications/fees
- Submitting notification of travel plans to AECO/IAATO and compiling post visit reports each season
- Assisting with exclusive ship and superyacht charters for private clients, and coordinating private charter flights and transfers where needed
- Taking on responsibility for operational costs/budgets for the trips
- Participating in preparation of data and market analysis for budgets and forecasting
- Building strong relationships with suppliers, researching and contacting non-contracted suppliers wherever appropriate, and negotiating the best rates and conditions.
- Must be able to travel for familiarisation trips if required, and be prepared to deal with any logistical issues which may arise outside of office hours
Operations Co-ordinator - Skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel (and the rest of the Microsoft Office programs), as well as Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Sheets - must be able to understand financial costing sheets
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to learn new software products is a must.
- Experience in an operations role - ideally coordinating logistics worldwide within the travel industry - with the confidence to support at an executive level
- Ability to work to deadlines; using own initiative to manage a heavy workload with at times conflicting priorities
- Strong negotiation and budget management skills.
- Knowledge of the Polar Regions/Americas and with some travel experience (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills; written and spoken English
- Ability to work in a fast moving & ever changing environment
- A proactive approach; a 'can-do' attitude.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk