Guest Support Manager
To manage the experiences of guests that leave their Guided Vacation due to medical reasons or crisis, by supplying proactive and caring support. This position provides on-going support and involves being the single point of contact for both guests and family members with any queries or concerns regarding their arrangements and care in the country of occurrence until their repatriation.
The assessment of guests’ desired Guided Vacations suitability depending on their individual specific requirements, including notifying Travel Directors and Ground Handlers of any medical needs or specific requests those guests may have while on holiday.
Conflict resolution, including dealing with guests with aggressive or erratic behaviour.
This role is specific to seven brands within the Travel Corporation – Trafalgar, Insight Vacations, CostSaver, Luxury Gold, Grand European Travel, Brendan Vacations, Transat although assisting other sister brands as required i.e. TT Asia.
- Make initial and on-going contact with the guest or NOK following an incident.
- Act with autonomy, make decisions and take action in line with company policies and taking into consideration any public relations sensitivity.
- Authorise the spending of company funds to assist with the care process when appropriate.
- Escalation of issues as required and which may have an impact on safety, PR, or legal liability, etc.
- Meet with guests and/or NOK if appropriate and required.
- Providing/initiating linguistic assistance when required.
- Develop and leverage relationships with hotel staff, ground handlers, insurance providers and relevant internal staff.
- Identify resources required to meet objectives and manage these resources in the most efficient manner.
- Identify areas relating to the Guest Support process that require improvement and develop and manage any process adjustments in consultation with relevant departmental heads.
- Provide reports to senior management which analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of the Guest Support activities for the relevant period.
- Be on call during the week and weekend (officially 1 or 2 weeks per month) to assist in the event of an emergency. Be available for the rest of the team when not covering the emergency phone. Extra time is not remunerated.
- Be part of the Crisis Response team.
- Providing updates and weekly brief to staff that will be covering out of hours.
- Assessing of Specific Requirements forms and Guided Vacation/Tour analysing to determine suitability and offer any relevant advice to guests, TDs, ground handlers and operational teams.
- Issuing of Specific Requirements Notifications to TDs and ground handlers as prior notification of clients requirements.
- Attending Annual TD meetings and delivering workshops relevant to TDs roles.
- Contributing to service recovery matrix and annual review of TD guide.
- Supporting other departments during the low season.
- General administration and record keeping for all departmental responsibilities.
Relationships & Key Contacts
Required in order to DELIVER the ACCOUNTABILITES
Including, but not limited to: hotels, insurance companies, airlines, travel agents, ground handlers, medical suppliers, hospitals, telephone interpreting companies
Including, but not limited to: Brand Operations, Operations Administration, Quality Control, London Reception Centre, Overseas Reservations offices, Hotel Contracting, Transport, Guest Relations.
- Maturity to understand and appreciate potential public relations issues Decision-making skills Good time management skills Proficiency and accuracy in data entry, Microsoft word, Excel, booking and reporting systems Innovative problem solving skills Work well in high stress situations A patient and empathetic manner Excellent attention to detail Excellent communication telephone manner A focus on delivering excellence in Customer Service High level of Customer Service skills and experience Demonstrated ability to prioritise work, organise time, use initiative and work independently Ability to work without supervision General positive outlook Root cause analysis Basic knowledge of medical procedures Knowledge of company products and destinations General knowledge of illnesses Able to work during very prolonged periods of time without a rest, often late at night or early in the morning. Bilingual with European languages a definite advantage
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"