Marketing Executive - Contract (Maternity Cover)
Do you have experience working with external agencies as well as a good understanding of direct mail and email practices and platforms?
Are you a customer-focussed and commercially minded individual with a background in marketing?
Do you have a strong understanding of marketing priorities along with a passion and interest in travel?
If so, Explore are looking for a new Marketing Executive to join our team in Farnborough on a contract basis. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and commercially- minded individual who has a strong understanding of marketing priorities as well as having a strong creative and copywriting ability. The successful individual will be responsible for the planning and delivery of the key 1-2-1 marketing channels for Explore, ensuring that they result in a profitable outcome for the business.
If this sounds like a great opportunity for you, please apply for this Marketing Executive role today!
We are one of the world’s most trusted adventure travel companies with over 500 trips to more than 120 countries. We are passionate about travel and have developed a wide range of unique activities and adventures which give our customers an unforgettable experience with a team of award-winning leaders.
ONE TEAM ONE VISION
Every member of the Explore team agrees to actively contribute to the company’s success. Explore has a flexible and open working culture and expects all staff to be flexible in their own approach. This means being willing to help out with any task, role or project at any time, as required. It is equally important that all team members have a positive, pro-active and customer-focussed attitude, and are happy to work in an ever-changing business environment.
As a Marketing Executive you will be responsible for the planning and delivery of the key 1-2-1 marketing channels for Explore such as direct mail, email and brochures. You will own and produce high quality mail campaigns including initial layouts, briefing content writer, choosing images and briefing the design team to ensure campaigns are delivered in line with budgets and deadlines. Additionally, you will own the email schedule to drive engagement and sales from the customer and prospect subscribers. You will work with the Product and Marketing stakeholders to ensure the messaging for these is determined and briefed to the content writer.
You will be expected to support the Brand and CRM Managers in developing the overall contact strategy for email marketing and ensuring ongoing measurement and testing to decipher what is working. This will involve, reporting on each campaign using the CRM system leading to the ability to recommend for the future.
You will Manage the brochure production critical path schedule to co-ordinate effort and execution of content from around the business, working closely with the design team and Product owners, Brief print and content writers accordingly. Produce dedicated brochure mailers and cover sheets to coincide with brochure launch activity.
As a Marketing Executive you will also support the Brand Manager in various events, trade marketing and offline advertising projects where necessary. This will involve assisting on the creation of offline trade and consumer advertising, ensuring content is accurate to agreed specification and delivered to deadline as well as supporting oversees teams with any marketing initiatives
- Understanding of Marketing priorities
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrable organisation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for accuracy and efficiency
- Great time management ability
- Strong creative and copywriting skills- ability to write for the target audience
- Strong degree of numeracy and literacy skills
- Customer champion committed to putting the customer at the centre of their work
- Good understanding of direct mail and email practices and platforms
- Experience working with external agencies
- Higher education or marketing qualification preferable
- Enthusiastic team player
- Customer-focussed and understands importance of service delivery excellence
- Is able to challenge processes and enjoys working as part of a team
- Commercially minded with a good ability to build a good report with the wider team and effectively communicate at all levels
- Friendly, approachable and flexible
- Self-motivated and a problem-solver
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays + One day per year of service up to 25 days
- Holiday Flex Scheme
- Private healthcare
- Staff discount scheme - Up to 50% off Explore Tours
- Massage therapist
- Free Educational Travel Experiences
- Childcare Vouchers
If you like the look of this Marketing Executive opportunity and have the necessary skills and experience, please apply today by clicking apply and completing our application process through staff-finda.
We are looking to interview and hire a suitable candidate over the next few weeks and look forward to receiving your application.