Head of Operations
Head of Operations - wanted for the unique, off the beaten track style tour operator based in the Gloucestershire area. The successful candidate must have the relevant overseas trekking experience and passion for walking holidays and genuine love for travelling along with experience working within the travel industry and understand all aspects within the operational sides of things. They will pay up to 26k plus benefits.
Head of Operations, Responsibilities:
- Taking full responsibility for running the department and making decisions on the handling of day-to-day functions including any issues, should they arise.
- Along with our Managing Director, you would be a key person in any case of emergency. You will need to be familiar with any emergency procedures and conduct training exercises as required.
- Organising regular two weekly Operations Department meetings to discuss new developments, new ideas, and destination/department related concerns and to keep the team up-to-date.
- Signing off holiday requests and ensuring there is always adequate cover in the department.
- Liaising with the Managing Director to ensure he is kept informed of department developments.
- Handling of complaints. Investigating complaints, finding solutions and communicating with our clients and agents.
- Planning Tailor-Made itineraries, calculating prices, quoting clients and servicing bookings.
- Collation of client information and emailing final booking confirmation to agents and suppliers overseas.
- Day to day liaison with overseas agents, accurate tracking and filing of all client and supplier information.
- Attending travel shows and promotional events (usually weekends), trip leading (if suitably experienced/qualified).
Head of Operations, Experience needed:
- Overseas trekking and adventure travel experience
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong eye for detail
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Excel & Word
- Ability to prioritise & manage multiple priorities
- Personal travel knowledge of Asia, S America, Africa, Europe
- Previous experience of working in the travel industry
If this role is of interest to you, please apply by sending your CV to Shannon@candm.co.uk or call me on 02073971295 quoting SO50484
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk
Apply for Head of Operations
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly