Senior Travel Consultant
Senior Travel Sales Consultant - Surrey - up to £25,000
This well known independent retail agency is looking for a senior Travel Sales Conusltant to join their busy office to sell independent leisure travel services to clients both face to face and over the telephone and support other members of the well-travelled and knowledgeable sales team
Senior Travel Sales Consultant - Key Responsibilities:
- To provide advice and guidance to customers on packaged and tailor-made holidays, using your own and colleagues' experience and expertise with the help of brochures, marketing tools and systems where available.
- Meeting sales targets as set out by senior management.
- Liaising with a variety of independent tour operators to secure allocations and best prices where possible
- To provide advice on travel information including visas, passport validity and travel insurance - help may be needed to acquire these.
- To provide country and destination information.
- To sell where appropriate, travel insurance, car hire, airport hotels and car parking
- Give general guidance on health requirements for travel, referring to local health centre for expert advice.
- Research flight prices
- Refer clients to booking conditions
- Full responsibility for booking process including invoice details, taking payment and monitoring the payment of suppliers with the accounts department
- Deal sympathetically with complaints and refer these to management
- As a team member, support colleagues i.e. with work load, destination knowledge, technical expertise and share such varied duties such as brochure ordering and storage, general housekeeping, post, health & safety and window displays.
- Share colleagues duties and bookings when they are on educationals and holidays; twinning ('buddy') system.
- To be an ambassador for the business
Senior Travel Sales Consultant - Required skills:
- Previous independent travel agency or tour operator experience
- In depth travel knowledge as either a client or on educational trips
- Previous role in a face to face sales environment
- General computer literacy
Senior Travel Sales Consultant - Employment Terms:
- Full Time 09:00 - 17:30 Monday to Friday (including Saturday rota).
- Work rostered Saturdays (09:30 to 13:00. Time will be given in lieu during the succeeding week.
- Current holiday entitlement - 25 days plus bank holidays. 5 days of the allocation is given to take into consideration time spent away on fam trips and evening supplier events.
- To broaden your product and sales knowledge each consultant is required to take two overseas educationals per year.
- Attend additional product and sales training courses both in-house and off-site and also trade events.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk