Specialist Tour Operator - Surrey
Salary negotiable depending on experience + bonus
Are you an experienced Sales Manager looking for a new challenge and wanting to join a Leading Specialist Tour Operator?
Jewels Travel Recruitment are working with a Leading Specialist Tour Operator who due to expansion are seeking an experienced Sales Manager to manage their successful travel sales team of up to 6 Travel Sales Consultants.
As Sales Manager you will have responsibility for the management of 6 team members.
- Undertake the day to day management of the sales team to maintain quality standards, including staff performance, training needs, providing guidance and motivating staff.
- Manage and oversee the day to day workloads, ensuring all sales enquiries are responded to within required time-frames and that all sales opportunities are maximised
- When necessary, assist with booking enquiries, sales and reservations and provide first point line management support to staff.
- Ensure that you and the team have a high level of product knowledge, and the team are applying it in their roles.
- Work with the Product team to ensure the team have the product they need to sell, both contracted and loaded in the reservations system
- Assist with recruitment and training of new staff.
- Report sales figures and enquiry levels to the department managers on both a weekly and monthly basis
- Monitor sales team members performance and discuss this during fortnightly 1-to1 meetings
- Conduct annual staff appraisals to review performance and set development/business goals and targets (KPI’s).
- Management experience within the Travel Industry
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise staff
How to Apply
Please apply to advert or via Jewels Travel & Hospitality Recruitment website with a copy of your CV.
Please note only suitable candidate will be contacted for this position. If your skills are not what the client is seeking for this position your CV will be added to our database where you will be considered for other roles as they become available that match your skills and experience.
Once you are added to our database you will receive emails of our "New Vacancies" covering all our new and available jobs as they become available
You will also receive weekly/monthly email newsletters from Jewels Recruitment, listing ALL available jobs in various locations and salary bands. Please advise us if you do not want to receive these new job alerts.
FOLLOW JEWELS RECRUITMENT ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK & LINKEDIN FOR NEW JOBS, CAREER ADVICE, INDUSTRY NEWS AND MUCH MORE ... @JewelsJobs