Product Executive - Europe
4 days left
- Contract Type
We are Topdeck, a name that's been around in the youth travel space since 1973. We do epic Eurotrips, Big Game safaris, American road trips, sailing voyages, pyramid expeditions and Asian adventures for travellers between 18-39.
Being a part of the Topdeck Team means you will have the opportunity to inspire young people through life changing travel experiences. We are looking for someone to join the team that aligns perfectly with our brand and values... if this sounds like you then keep reading!
Brief Job Summary
The Product Executive will undertake tasks, projects and analysis that contribute to the growth and delivery of Topdeck’s product ranges, as detailed in the portfolio appendix.
The role requires a thorough understanding of contracting, product development, COS management, pricing, and competitor movement from a group touring perspective.
The Product Executive will contract accommodation and services for groups. They will also assist with product development, brochure production, managing relationships with suppliers and destination management companies, and assist in the procurement process and schedule management of Topdeck product.
The role demands a good understanding of process improvement and an analytical mindset.
Where necessary, the role may require some travel to negotiate contracts, develop product, and liaise with suppliers.
- Contract accommodation, meals and activity services
- Negotiate rates, payment terms, cancellation periods and room reduction policies with suppliers
- Build and improve templates to contract services for accommodation and non-accommodation services, such as ferry bookings, transfers and activity providers for group travel
- Assist with the management of Topdeck’s product ranges
- Maintain supplier and accommodation databases to house relevant information for all departments
- Build and maintain operational tour and product schedules
- Prepare budgets, costings and pricing for trips
- Develop strategic relationships with suppliers and destination management companies across Topdeck product range
- Liaise with the operations teams to ensure Topdeck product is being delivered to standard
- Benchmark supplier proposals and analyse rates and contract terms
- Provide task and project support to product team members
- Ensure trip documentation provided to clients is accurate
- Assist with yield management tasks
- Proofing Topdeck brochure and website content
- Assist with customer complaints procedures to ensure satisfactory resolutions
- Perform tasks to ensure product is brought to market accurately (e.g. proofing copy, data entry, implement data automation)
- Monitor central department email box
- Assist with crisis management tasks as detailed in Topdeck crisis management plan
Experience, Requirements and Key Behaviours
- Commercial awareness with strong negotiating skills
- Highly numerate and analytical
- Confident making decisions based on analysing numbers
- In-depth knowledge of portfolio destinations
- Experience with accommodation and activity suppliers
- Experience with group travel requirements
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
- Experience in collecting, assessing and automating data
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- A valid UK visa or European passport
- And of course… A passion for all things travel related!
Apply for Product Executive - Europe
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly