Head of IAT Brand
5 days left
- Contract Type
To build the InsideAsia Tours brand (incorporating all Asian destinations other than Japan) into a successful, profitable, high-growth multi-country tour operator which has a strong brand presence in each of the company’s key markets of the UK, USA and Australia.
Building successful trust-based relationships across the entire organisation is key to the success of this role. You will report into the board who will set the strategic objectives for the position. You will be working closely with the founders of the business to ensure the development of the InsideAsia brand aligns with their vision for the company. Day to day, the UK based Marketing & PR, Sales, Product and Website managers are the key individuals who will help you to effectively coordinate the resources needed to achieve the role’s objectives. Internationally, the branch Directors in Australia and the US and VP of Marketing, The Americas will help you to successfully drive the brand in those territories.
You will be responsible for driving the profitable growth of the IAT brand through expansion in both markets and product offering. You will expand the range of destinations we offer, and introduce this strengthened brand to our key international markets. Working closely with existing Sales, Product and Marketing teams, you will initially create a strategy for growth, and subsequently ensure the effective implementation and profitable delivery of this strategy. Considerable time will be spent in our international branches working with local teams to launch the IAT brand in a manner appropriate to local market needs. Collaboration and the ability to build and motivate high-performing project teams will be crucial to your success.
Level of budgetary responsibility
You will have responsibility for developing the strategy and a costed project plan for the delivery of the strategy to grow the InsideAsia brand. This will then be signed off by the board. You will have full responsibility for the approved budget. Any additional spending will require approval from the Board.
• A clear strategy for growth, identifying key objectives, milestones and delivery timescales
• An annual budget outlining resources required for the delivery of the strategy
• Regular progress reports to the Board
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Identifying and prioritising the most profitable growth opportunities
• Creating project teams comprising both existing and new resource to deliver plans
• Building positive momentum and engagement in the growth plan across all branches
• Ensuring an effective triangular relationship between Product, Marketing and Sales
• Working with the marketing team to set lead generation and database growth targets and monitoring the delivery of these
• Working with Sales teams to set stretching but achievable sales targets
• Ensuring the product offering and delivery is consistent with existing levels of excellence
Experience and key skills required
• Proven project management skills
• Experience of working in a Travel Sales environment
• High level motivational and inter-personal skills
• Energy, enthusiasm and resilience
• Excellent productivity and accuracy; able to work quickly under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong IT skills, and a facility with numbers and statistical analysis
• A passion for Asia as a travel destination and first-hand knowledge of key destinations
• Tour operating experience in and familiarity with our core markets (UK, US, Australia) • A creative eye for marketing opportunities
• First hand sales experience
• Experience within the long-haul, experiential sector of the Travel Industry
For full details of the Head of IAT Brand role, please click here
If you wish to apply for the vacancy, please send a copy of your up-to-date CV by clicking "Apply Now" together with a comprehensive cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Closing date: Friday 27th July 2018
Interviews: From Monday 6th August 2018
Start date: To be negotiated