Operations & Product Manager
TravelLocal is a fast-growing innovative travel company based in the heart of Bristol, with a global footprint. We are pioneering the “buy local” movement in travel and disrupting tailor-made holidays, the last sector of the travel industry to still be offline.
We are looking for a motivated, ambitious and commercially focused Product and Operations manager to expand our destination range and capacity as we grow, to manage our existing commercial relationships, and to manage and evolve operational procedures to ensure the quality of customers’ trips is maximised to the highest level. We need a natural communicator, good on the phone, on email and in person, and great with people from all over the world. You are a persuasive and energetic person, confident, driven, highly organised and commercially astute, looking for a role in which you can grow and develop with the potential to progress quickly.
Below is a list of some of your key responsibilities:
- Managing existing partners, liaising with the sales team to ensure they are providing excellent customer service and are converting enquiries to bookings well;
- Monitoring the commercial performance of existing partners and establishing systems and processes to do so;
- Finding, selecting and vetting new partners to work with, ensuring they meet our exacting standards, are the right fit and are the right commercial choice;
- Onboarding new partners and setting them up for success;
- Maintaining a database and network of potential new partners;
- Working in conjunction with the senior management team to plan and execute the rollout of new destinations;
- Ensuring the selection of sample itineraries on our website meets our brand and commercial objectives;
- Putting in place operational procedures to maximise client enjoyment of trips;
- Putting in place contingency plans for on the ground incidents;
- Taking charge of our 24 hour emergency phone line
- Managing our health and safety obligations;
- Attending trade shows to meet potential new partners, as well as existing ones;
- Exploring and evaluating new commercial and product opportunities and revenue streams.
- Minimum five years experience in the travel industry with at least three years in a Product role;
- Clear track record of managing partners;
- Experience with tailor-made product at the 3-5* level preferred;
- Experience of an older demographic preferred;
- Some management experience;
- Confident communicator, unflappable and focussed;
- Adept at building long term relationships with partners;
- Not shy of delivering tough messages when needed;
- Commercially astute, with a desire to always be maximising the bottom line;
- Experience of managing operational issues;
- Highly numerate with a good understanding of Excel;
- Excellent time management.
- Organised, with great attention to detail;
- Able to work quickly, under pressure, to a deadline;
- A confident communicator;
- A tough negotiator;
- Always trying to make things better;
- Passionate about getting the job done, and about creating happy customers and maximising the bottom line.