Digital Marketing Executive
Cruise & Maritime Voyages is Britain’s leading independent cruise line and part of the CMV Holdings London Travel & Leisure Group, currently employing aprox.140 shore-based staff. The 2019 cruise season will herald our tenth anniversary year of operation and marks the introduction of Vasco da Gama to our fleet of six classic-style ocean cruise ships.
The Digital Marketing Executive will be responsible for the Company’s online marketing for both consumers and travel trade. This position will require a confident, well organised, resourceful, energetic and motivated marketing professional with excellent online marketing skills.
Key Skills required are:
- Assertive and decisive.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Planning & organising skills. Meeting strict deadlines.
- Determination to succeed.
- Full working knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Ability to apply, target and monitor social media advertising campaigns
- Understanding of Google analytics and ability to translate and report data
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Creative writing skills for website and email copy.
- Experience working in the Travel industry / Cruise industry (preferred but not essential).
- Experience in a Marketing role.
- Flexibility- the role may require some weekends and evenings/overseas travel.
This challenging and exciting position will entail working from the Company’s Purfleet; Essex based sales office within a very busy Marketing department. The position will mean working to strict marketing deadlines. A full product overview and visit to ships to experience the product first hand will be provided.
The Digital Marketing Executive will report to the Marketing Manager and overall to the Head of Marketing, who oversees the department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Agree monthly budget with Head of Marketing, implement, monitor and analyse activity, supplying monthly reports.
- Liaise with Digital Media Agent/Media regarding digital advertising opportunities. PPC activity and SEO.
- Brief design team regarding any agreed digital content requirements. Proof for accuracy and ensure that CMV style/content guidelines are maintained working to strict budgets and timescales.
- Together with the Web Content Executive and design team, a sound ability to produce consumer and travel trade email campaigns using the Campaignmaster platform as specified by the Marketing Manager or Head of Marketing.
- Copy writing for social media, emails and website.
- Liaise with Web Development Executive regarding website content. Regularly update news and blog.
- Control and develop all social media sites – Facebook, twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
- Develop a clear strategy for Facebook and twitter to be agreed with the Head of Marketing to ensure continued growth of likes and followers. Introduce regular themed posts and fully utilise these marketing channels to promote sales.
- Daily Facebook and twitter posting and review of comments ensuring positive engagement with followers. Liaise with Customer Service team regarding any service issues raised.
- Effectively communicate with the relevant personnel working on board the vessels to ensure that all news from the ships together with images are fully utilised on social media.
- Maintain and develop CMV TV site ensuring that all content is relevant and up to date.
- Develop new Digital Marketing initiatives and explore new opportunities.
- Liaise with PR Agency with regard to online PR opportunities.
- Good knowledge of competitor’s websites, e-marketing campaigns, social media and other digital activity.
- Process all Digital Marketing invoices for approval by Head of Marketing.
- Monitor the response to all digital activity, online advertising, e-marketing campaigns, and report back to Head of Marketing and Commercial Director on a weekly basis.
- Working alongside the Marketing Manager and Web Content Executive, an understanding of all job roles is necessary to ensure that all Marketing Support functions are met.
There will be an initial probation period of three months. Once you have passed your probation a one-month notice period will be required. Should either party wish to terminate the relationship within your probation, under 1 month’s service no notice period is required and 1 month up to successful completion of your probationary period a 1-week notice is required.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs. A day off in lieu will be provided for Saturday/Sunday working, as advised by the Line Manager and subject to staffing rota.
During the week, any time worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, will not be paid.
For weekend overtime, a day off in lieu will be provided for each full day worked. At the discretion of the Line Manager, ‘paid’ overtime may also be considered instead of the day/s off in lieu based on a pro-rata basis at the daily or half daily salary rate.
A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
- A workplace pension scheme - following three months of continuous service.
- Free on-Site Parking
- State of the art offices
- Travel discounts on selected products and services
CMV is a progressive company who encourage organic career development and enjoy a low turnover of staff. This position offers a good career opportunity for an ambitious and creative individual to join a largely non-corporate, medium sized and privately owned organisation. Unlike many other UK based cruise operators, CMV’s UK office is not just a sales operation but a fully-fledged and ‘hands on’ cruise line closely aligned to both the product and customer.
CMV also have established sales offices in Australia, USA, Germany and Mexico and is estimated to carry 120,000 cruise passengers in 2018. In addition to the core cruising business, the Company also has other travel and leisure related interests within the group. These includes a long-established coach wholesaling business, a group specialist tour operating company, a high street travel agency and business travel house.
This is an exciting time to join CMV as we enter into a rapid growth plan with the addition of our new ship to our fleet; Vasco Da Gama, this will be our 6th Ship to join CMV.
Apply for Digital Marketing Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly